Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam vs Ryota Murata (spoilers)

BusterKeaton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
N'dam won a very controversial fight in japan by split decision. for the WBA regular Championship. Ive seen a lot of people here complain that WBA regular is just the interm belt.

but as far as fees and defending the title this is considered a legit world title. 160 is home of N'dam and Billy Joe Saunders two of the weakest world champions in boxing. with a boxer like lemiuex even considered by many as a top 10.. hell even top 5 at 160 it just goes to show how weak it is.

Had to watch the fight after reading all the fuss

It was a close, evenly matched fight, N Dam tried very hard outbox Murata, and Murata tried very hard to KO N Dam

No controversy IMO but people will always call controversy whenever the same fighter that got knocked down or rocked ends up winning

Had to watch the fight after reading all the fuss

It was a close, evenly matched fight, N Dam tried very hard outbox Murata, and Murata tried very hard to KO N Dam

No controversy IMO but people will always call controversy whenever the same fighter that got knocked down or rocked ends up winning

Lol... Have u even watch the whole fight? Murata took atleast 9,10 rounds out of 12. Clearly.
Lol

Lol... Have u even watch the whole fight? Murata took atleast 9,10 rounds out of 12. Clearly.
Lol
I did watch the fight

9 or10 rounds for Murata?

It was a close fight, and no one expected N Dam to win which ads arguement and Murata fough like he had no plan B after he couldnt finish him and just stalked him all night with no effective pressure and couldnt cut the ring off to save his own life, while N Dam himself didnt do anything effective either but did dictate the pace of the fight

I did watch the fight

9 or10 rounds for Murata?

It was a close fight, and no one expected N Dam to win which ads arguement and Murata fough like he had no plan B after he couldnt finish him and just stalked him all night with no effective pressure and couldnt cut the ring off to save his own life, while N Dam himself didnt do anything effective either but did dictate the pace of the fight
U should've watch the fight without knowing the results. It's different. N'dam won 2 rounds only lol. Maybe 3.

Haven't seen the fight... but trying to KO N'Dam is a dumb approach

WBA Prez Wants N'Dam-Murata Rematch, But Says Brant in Line

There has been a lot of controversy over the middleweight title fight which took place on Saturday in Tokyo, Japan.

Hassan N'Dam survived a fourth-round knockdown on and went on to a split-decision win over Japan's Ryota Murata, who won gold at the London Olympics and was making his first world title challenge.

The crowd at Ariake Coliseum in Tokyo jeered after the decision making N'Dam the regular WBA middleweight champ was announced. Two judges scored 116-111 and 115-112 to the French boxer, but one judge gave the fight to Murata at 117-110.

ndam-murata.jpg

Murata kept edging N'Dam toward the ropes, often landing straights and bringing him down in the fourth. But N'Dam scored effectively with multiple jabs, circling around Murata, especially in the final rounds.

N'Dam, 33, improves to 36-2, 21 knockouts. It was the first loss for the 31-year-old Murata, who has 12 wins, nine by KO, after turning professional four years ago.

Most observers felt Murata was the clear winner of the fight and the Japanese boxer was in full shock when the decision was announced to the local crowd.

World Boxing Association President Gilberto Mendoza is not happy with the controversy and is certainly in favor of an immediate rematch, but there is a mandatory challenger in line for this belt, undefeated contender Rob Brant (22-0, 15 KOs), who certainly will not step aside that easily from his position.

"I am disappointed with the controversy. My goal is to have clear decisions and prove transparency to all boxing fans. I feel tight up when situations like these happen. I would love to call the immediate rematch but we have a mandatory contender in line: Rob Brant. We need to respect due process before taking the decision. But from my side I am in favor of ordering the direct rematch," Mendoza said in a statement to BoxingScene.com.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/wba-prez...-says-brant-line--116784#sthash.Xo4UeEP8.dpuf

Murata won but not 10-2 like people are saying...imo
I watched the whole fight, i personally gave murata 9 rounds to 3 if not 10 rounds to 2. For me, rounds 1 and 2 French man got it and I remember round 6 , was kinda close. I gave round 6 to black man.

Back