Has Ubisoft completely failed to innovate Assassin's Creed?

I think most gamers have a series like this. I'd buy a Dark Souls game every 3 months if they released them even though that series is also very guilty of failing to innovate, but to From's credit they have put the series on ice indefinitely having recognized this themselves.
well with Dark Souls 2 I put in a few hundred hours on the ps3 and played it on ps4 anytime I got pissed at Destiny. Then I was really excited for part 3 until I played and saw they took too much from Bloodborne and made it more pvpish over pve other then GT Sport I can't think of another game on the PS4 that has let me down as much.

well with Dark Souls 2 I put in a few hundred hours on the ps3 and played it on ps4 anytime I got pissed at Destiny. Then I was really excited for part 3 until I played and saw they took too much from Bloodborne and made it more pvpish over pve other then GT Sport I can't think of another game on the PS4 that has let me down as much.

I enjoyed DS 3 a lot, but it was definitely retreading all of the same ground it's predecessors had. And as you mention it started to borrow a bit from BB so I think the timing was right for DS to take a long break. I do hope that From visits it again some day when they feel they can take a nice step forward with the franchise. What they did with that series was truly something special.

I keep buying as I'm committed. I've played every single one that came out on a console.

I doubt there will be huge leaps in innovation. Think more along the liens of Madden in the sense of roster update + some

I bought it at launch and honestly only had one performance issue when climbing the interior of the Notre Dame cathedral. Other than that I thought the game was second best mainly due to:

- I loved Paris. Just a beautiful sandbox the created for that one.
- I'm not a co-op guy, but found that to be quite fun and more fun than the PVP variants before it.
- The main assassination missions were the best in the series.
- The loot and costume progression were the best in the series.

That said, I can admit that I am in the minority and most people prefer Black Flag which, objectively speaking, was probably the most ambitious game they released in the series.

It was a good game. I had the odd glitch but agree in most part. It's lower on the list in my view because the protagonist (Arno) just came off as a whiny brat most of the game.

I haven't played the new one, but yeah, Ubi only listens to the public once per franchise. They listened to them after the original AC, and fixed damn near everything. Then they released the same game over and over. Same with FC2 to FC3. FC2 had some issues. They fixed them. FC3 sold incredibly well, and was critically acclaimed. Now we get FC 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, etc etc.

Ubisoft isn't good at making open-world games. They lack ideas to make exploration great. Always the same stuff, but with Origins they copied some things that made it better. Copied - the problem. Splinter Cell is where it's at for them.

First of all, Black Flag was a massive innovation in the AC series

Does anyone actually remember how that game starts

A random, lowly seaman kills a prestigious member of the Order

Puts on his clothes

And away you go

I was probably the only one of my mates who enjoyed the Hunting quests in AC 3

That game is harder to defend, granted, but I still see innovation in a native american orphan joining the Order to survive the colonial US's hostility towards natives, and then taking his frustrations out on his targets

Using your assassin's skillset to take down animals could have been a massive slog, but I liked how much of the woodlands you needed to fully explore in order to get the right prey in the right quadrant. Total sandbox style right there. If you're looking to progress to quest #8 you'd be bummed out sure, but I don't think that was as much of the focus in AC 3, you were supposed to be "one with nature" and wotnots

I was probably the only one of my mates who enjoyed the Hunting quests in AC 3

That game is harder to defend, granted, but I still see innovation in a native american orphan joining the Order to survive the colonial US's hostility towards natives, and then taking his frustrations out on his targets

Using your assassin's skillset to take down animals could have been a massive slog, but I liked how much of the woodlands you needed to fully explore in order to get the right prey in the right quadrant. Total sandbox style right there. If you're looking to progress to quest #8 you'd be bummed out sure, but I don't think that was as much of the focus in AC 3, you were supposed to be "one with nature" and wotnots

I think AC3 brought some innovation, but not in the hunting. I rag on UBI for laziness, but in fairness, they did introduce a gigantic new game play feature that just kind of gets forgotten about. The ship battles. I mean, when you think about it, with a few tweaks, that could be it's own game. Now, in true UBI fashion, they took a neat feature and shoved it down our throats, but the fact that they took the time to add such a huge feature, and it worked as well as it did, should be commended.

Back