Has this kick ever produced a KO or solid connection?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

I'm sure some of you will laugh at the suggestion.

Has this kick ever been used to at least rock someone in K-1 or glory?

Seems very common in point karate, take kwon etc. But I've never seen someone rocked by it in anything more than above the waist kickboxing.

If you've seen it please post the gif.

That seems like it would be easy to sweep in Muay Thai

I'm sure some of you will laugh at the suggestion.

Has this kick ever been used to at least rock someone in K-1 or glory?

Seems very common in point karate, take kwon etc. But I've never seen someone rocked by it in anything more than above the waist kickboxing.

If you've seen it please post the gif.

Do you mean a double kick?
Or chambered (not swinging like MT)?

If chambered then Wonderboy has been mauling guys with that kick for his entire life.

687854fec9f9b89fce1cd03e6a39a985.gif

06458cb0a0763e6e4035417d24c84e46.gif

tumblr_m1f4h5yvkw1qfb7bio1_500.gif

Do you mean a double kick?
Or chambered (not swinging like MT)?

If chambered then Wonderboy has been mauling guys with that kick for his entire life.

687854fec9f9b89fce1cd03e6a39a985.gif

06458cb0a0763e6e4035417d24c84e46.gif

tumblr_m1f4h5yvkw1qfb7bio1_500.gif

Can you expand on what you mean by chambered?

I was mainly interested in double kick.

Can you expand on what you mean by chambered?

I was mainly interested in double kick.
Muay Thai kicks are done by swinging the whole leg, the knee is barely bent.

Karate kicks are done by bending the knee FIRST ("chambering") and then swinging the leg.
(Disclaimer: Kyokushin probably uses both ways.)

This is TKD but they do it almost the same as Karate, here's a demo:

MT kicks are thus *generally* more powerful but slower than Karate kicks. (YMMV)

As for double kicks... you can't win with that tip tap shit! :D

i think he means a double tap kick. I have never seen it done, but I would think the tap body, tap head would be more effective then 2 taps to the head.

i think he means a double tap kick. I have never seen it done, but I would think the tap body, tap head would be more effective then 2 taps to the head.
Yeah or to inner thigh then to the head

I used to get caught a lot with the double tap in TKD ITF... Both the body-head and the double head. Reason was I'm used to MT, so once I block the first kick, the timing expecting a second kick was all wrong until i got used to all those "tricks".
It doesn't has KO power, but since it's unexpected, it can get nasty if caught completely off guard. Also, the people who usually use it, are coming from arts that use the snap kick a lot, so they can have some decent power with it, even if it's obviously not the same with a regular one...

I used to get caught a lot with the double tap in TKD ITF... Both the body-head and the double head. Reason was I'm used to MT, so once I block the first kick, the timing expecting a second kick was all wrong until i got used to all those "tricks".
It doesn't has KO power, but since it's unexpected, it can get nasty if caught completely off guard. Also, the people who usually use it, are coming from arts that use the snap kick a lot, so they can have some decent power with it, even if it's obviously not the same with a regular one...

yeah man, and not much power is needed to head for ko.........a good foot slap to the face will do it.

Im thinking of a movie or TV show where somebody does a jumping clap kick and knocks somebody out. Cant figure it out though

yeah man, and not much power is needed to head for ko.........a good foot slap to the face will do it.
Yes but if you get KO'd, it will probably be from the first hit to the head, not the second. That's why i think first hit to the body or legs is better than double to head.

Yes but if you get KO'd, it will probably be from the first hit to the head, not the second. That's why i think first hit to the body or legs is better than double to head.

yup your exactly right IMO

Back