Has this ever happened in MMA?

They should put a padlock on the cage door and have armed guards with taser spears if they try to jump out until one of them is dead

He didn't quit, he heard the bell and went to open the door.

He supposedly walked out over a pay despute. Probably on some Rebook level money.

It most certainly has happened, especially in the early stages of MMA.

Cro Cop quit in the JDS fight. He obviously didn't walk out of the cage, but both guys were standing and Cro Cop told the ref he was done.

"During the third round, Cro Cop sustained an uppercut to his left eye that caused him to submit by waving his hand at the referee and motioning that there was a problem with his eye. The fight was officially stopped due to submission, giving Dos Santos the win. After the fight, Cro Cop showed signs of frustration, stating, "I don't feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I'm not ready to take risks."

seen some fighters insta tap to let their opponent win, timestamped

Before fighting Stipe, DC beat Nelson, Mir, Barnett, Bigfoot Silva, and Monson among others at HW. It's a shame that people have turned to try to discredit Stipe for that loss.

Im not bashing the guy, but to claim that Stipe was at any point the HW GOAT is a shame too and shows how much this place is full of casuals.

Interesting, so the can achieved sentience and realized he was a can, so he didn't take the fight?

Maybe he's not a can after all...

Royce did at UFC 3

HaroldHoward_pose1.gif

They were all ducking Harrold Howard back then

Cro Cop quit in the JDS fight. He obviously didn't walk out of the cage, but both guys were standing and Cro Cop told the ref he was done.

"During the third round, Cro Cop sustained an uppercut to his left eye that caused him to submit by waving his hand at the referee and motioning that there was a problem with his eye. The fight was officially stopped due to submission, giving Dos Santos the win. After the fight, Cro Cop showed signs of frustration, stating, "I don't feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I'm not ready to take risks."
I always called it the "who farted" tap

Guy must feel he draws an enormous audience and deserves a bigger slice of the pie.
Oh Wait
0_Boxer-leaves-ring-at-opening-bell-of-fight.jpg

Branko Cikatic ( winner of the 1st K1 event ever) vs Mark Kerr but it was a ring not a cage (hilarious fight to watch)

Forrest ran out of the cage.

yup, was about to say this one. to me, he quit inside the cage. laying down and putting his hand up to stop anderson from punching him is the epitome of quitting and giving up. it is what it is.

that's right. good call. totally forgot about that one. crazy how a tough-as-nails guy like crocop quit like that.

Back