Has there ever been a more brutal fighter in the ufc than Yoel Romero?

ExcitableRadiantDassierat-size_restricted.gif
Dude do you want to get banned for this

tanko.gif

wPmmyVe.gif

r8cqw6.jpg

Dude hit so hard he wore gloves when they weren't mandatory. He is the reason they had to specify that it was illegal to throw your opponent over the cage. Yes, they made a rule because of him, they prepared for the worst and Tank still found a way to baffle them.
Dude is over glorified. He never once won a tournament and has a losing record against cans.

Many of us fight fans,myself included, often have short term memories to the point where forgetting the classics displays of brutalizing in the late 90s and early 2000s is easy to do. But Gary Goodridge's finish due to elbow strikes is, at least as far as UFC fights go, utterly impossible to top in terms of finishes brutal enough get you cringing.

tanko.gif

wPmmyVe.gif

r8cqw6.jpg

Dude hit so hard he wore gloves when they weren't mandatory. He is the reason they had to specify that it was illegal to throw your opponent over the cage. Yes, they made a rule because of him, they prepared for the worst and Tank still found a way to baffle them.
I believe the TS was talking about actual good fighters that weren’t fighting guys that wouldn’t be the toughest guy at a lot of bars.

Whittaker equaled Romero in the brutal department when they fought just a short time ago. Mind you, neither was brutalized - but that's exactly the point.

Who's the most brutal against guys not as good as him isn't particularly interesting. The question is, who's the most brutal against guys as good as he is - who does the most damage in close fights, or even fights in which they lose. In boxing there were guys like Foreman, who hurt opponents even if they eventually beat him. Romero isn't in that mold judging by the Whittaker fight.

In MMA I'm not sure, I can't think of anyone who always hurt opponents even in close or losing fights; Jones except for the Gus fight I suppose is close.

Last edited:
980dX.gif

Too brutal for the UFC and half the pussies who watch it.

Whittaker equaled Romero in the brutal department when they fought just a short time ago. Mind you, neither was brutalized - but that's exactly the point.

Who's the most brutal against guys not as good as him isn't particularly interesting. The question is, who's the most brutal against guys as good as he is - who does the most damage in close fights, or even fights in which they lose. In boxing there were guys like Foreman, who hurt opponents even if they eventually beat him. Romero isn't in that mold judging by the Whittaker fight.

In MMA I'm not sure, I can't think of anyone who always hurt opponents even in close or losing fights; Jones except for the Gus fight I suppose is close.

Roidy crushed Whittaker's leg

Back