Has there ever been a fighter for mentally destroyed than Bob Sapp?

2E8A444D00000578-0-image-a-19_1447786652882.jpg

I don’t understand why you blame the Crocop fight. His dives started well after that fight

Sapp started out trying to be legit. But he has admitted that he throws fights for cash usually. The Japanese crowd love seeing a huge man like him get beat. It's his thing. Sapp is a pretty cool guy. He is just making his way in life the best he can.

He stopped trying and is just collecting a paycheck, he tries for the first minute of the fight and gives up as soon as he gets hurt or in trouble on the ground. It is what it is.. he knows he can't be an elite fighter with his size and skill level so he's just trying to get paid.
Agreed.

And I have no issues with that

To be fair I think Sapp post Crocop until that Aerts fight with the phantom knee in 2006 wasn't as bad as he's been since. He was afraid of taking punishment in a way he wasn't previously but he wasn't folding the instant he was in any trouble like he does now, look at the Kimo fight for example.

Even so I'm not sure Sapp recently is "taking dives", he's throwing real punchs and if he landed well early could finish but isn't willing to take any punishment at all himself so as soon as an opponent lands on him or gets him in a bad spot the fights over.
He was pretty scard to fight Hoost a 3rd time when it was suppose to be Hoost retirement fight in '06. Instead Peter Aerts borrowed a pair of shorts from Semmy and fought Hoost on like 2 hours notice. The next year was when that fight with Aerts happened but atleast he made it to the ring that time.

LOL. Some of you guys don't have a clue whats going on.

Bob Sapp is not mentally destroyed or nothing. its all fixed, fake fights, they are all works. The first 6 or 7 of Sapp's fights are real and legit, but after that most of them are works. Sapp is for real about 6-1 in MMA or something like that. The rest are all works.

I have seen multiple times Sapp get punched on the forearm area and then he holds his face in agony and falls over on the floor and starts tapping out LMAO, its 100% fake.

Teila Tuli
Art Jimmerson
Scott Morris
Orlando Weit
John Matua

just to name a few... btw i dont blame them

LOL. Some of you guys don't have a clue whats going on.

Bob Sapp is not mentally destroyed or nothing. its all fixed, fake fights, they are all works. The first 6 or 7 of Sapp's fights are real and legit, but after that most of them are works. Sapp is for real about 6-1 in MMA or something like that. The rest are all works.

I have seen multiple times Sapp get punched on the forearm area and then he holds his face in agony and falls over on the floor and starts tapping out LMAO, its 100% fake.

ok, maybe it's you who 'don't have a clue whats going on'

once u throw a fight your record goes down the toilet as well.. lol, it's not like you keep a 'i was being serious about it record'

btw fuck bob sapp

im glad the weasel ariel spat some truth in sapp's face

picture u being a lifelong respectable martial artist and almost being killed by a pussy ass roided 350lbs fucker

He did very well against Ernesto Hoost,
Dont know what happened to him but there are not many fighters that can stand against Hoost
I think ita clear Sapp was actually fighting Hoost. After that war Saap realized the damage wasnt worth it.

Hes actually a smart dude who doesnt want to take anymore damage

The Crow was a shell after the beating Rich Franklin put on him.
Was seen as a killer and people thought he would take out Rich.
Rich beat him down like he owed him money and for the next several fights The Crow looked like a deer in the head light.

He did manage to come back but was never the same Imo

for how much money he was getting paid, I too would have gladly taken the losses and had a MMA world record losing streak.

ok, maybe it's you who 'don't have a clue whats going on'

once u throw a fight your record goes down the toilet as well.. lol, it's not like you keep a 'i was being serious about it record'

btw fuck bob sapp
Jesup christ. As an adult you need to make your way in life. And it usually isn't pretty. You have to eat crow and lie and cheat and all that stuff. So this is for you. When you are older and have kids. When your job isn't cutting it. When you get a health scare. The time you find your wife having an affair or your kid shooting heroin. In that time I will not say fuck Locoo. I will offer you my best wishes.

for how much money he was getting paid, I too would have gladly taken the losses and had a MMA world record losing streak.

IIRC there was an article a few years back, Bobbo is smart and have invested his money and lives pretty comfy with I think it was 6 or 10 cats.

I seen a lot of people blaming Bob over the years, but in reality you people should "blame" the promoters that sign him. Its not a well hidden secret what he does. When you sign Bob you KNOW EXACTLY what you will get.
As long as promoters are willing to sign him Bob will show up and collect that money.
As least he shows up... Not like Ken Shamrock.

Sapp literally ran out of the arena to avoid a fight with Hoost.

Back