Has there ever been a fighter as supremely skilled as Sugar Nikolai Valuev?

I still think he lost to Evander. Tragic for Holyfield that he didn't get the nod.

That vid is hilarious no matter how many times I've seen it.

Great fighter. No way to make fun with his skills. He knew well enough to beat 99.99% of human beings inside the ring. Battered Monte Barret bad. Always wanted to see him against Klitschko. It never fucking happened.

Valuev is the GOAT of boxing. The real life Ivan Drago, he was built in a laboratory by the Soviet Union to defeat anyone the rest of the world could throw at him. Speed, Power, Size, Heart, blistering footwork and amazing defensive skills. He would have beaten both Klitschkos at the same time.

Valuev is the GOAT of boxing. The real life Ivan Drago, he was built in a laboratory by the Soviet Union to defeat anyone the rest of the world could throw at him. Speed, Power, Size, Heart, blistering footwork and amazing defensive skills. He would have beaten both Klitschkos at the same time.

The Red Army found him in a cave in Austria in 1945. It took them 28 years to unthaw him, but they got the job done.

Worst hw champ ever. He only held the belt because he was too big to hit

More seriously...

As a beltholder, I don't think he was significantly worse than the odd menagerie of fighters who controlled, or fought for, the belts at around the same time. He was a rough contemporary of fighters like an old Briggs, old John Ruiz, and obese former middleweight James Toney. Maskaev was ancient at the time, and he also held a belt when Valuev did. Not to mention Liakhovich. And last we forget, David Haye didn't beat Valuev by an outrageous margin, either.

Valuev was not a great fighter, but I'm afraid he was a decent contender despite the general oddity of his fights.

Should go to the fair and have people pay money to shave his back

More seriously...

As a beltholder, I don't think he was significantly worse than the odd menagerie of fighters who controlled, or fought for, the belts at around the same time. He was a rough contemporary of fighters like an old Briggs, old John Ruiz, and obese former middleweight James Toney. Maskaev was ancient at the time, and he also held a belt when Valuev did. Not to mention Liakhovich. And last we forget, David Haye didn't beat Valuev by an outrageous margin, either.

Valuev was not a great fighter, but I'm afraid he was a decent contender despite the general oddity of his fights.
To be fair to him he had a pretty good jab

Back