has the right reached a new low?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

Since Trump supporters can't intellectually justify the GOP's agenda, they've resorted to obfuscating debate by slandering news stories as "fake news" when the agenda's harmful consequences are reported. They can't win debates, so they'll try to make debate seem impossible to neutral observers. Were things this bad during W's presidency, or has the right reached a new low?

The current situation which McConnell is leading a ninja operation in the shadows to pass a bill which would knock tens of millions off of insurance and hurt the economy to give tax breaks to the wealthy is definitely a new low in our lifetimes. He and other GOP senators are breaking political norms and hiding the bill from the people they swore to serve because the bill is very unpopular (for good reason).

I also think the current tribal political environment is far worse than I've seen in my lifetime. So yes, we have hit new lows IMO.

Last edited:
You lost 1000 seats in 8 years and spend 1.2 billion on a failed white house bid...the only political party living in their own reality are democrats.

Since Trump supporters can't intellectually justify the GOP's agenda, they've resorted to obfuscating debate by slandering news stories as "fake news" when the agenda's harmful consequences are reported. They can't win debates, so they'll try to make debate seem impossible to neutral observers. Were things this bad during W's presidency, or has the right reached a new low?
so you accuse the right of being inaccurate and vague, while being inaccurate and vague in your post.

epic thread would read again

so you accuse the right of being inaccurate and vague, while being inaccurate and vague in your post.

epic thread would read again
I thought the question was fine. What is the Trump supporters defense of the process by which the Senate is working on this tax cut bill? What is the defense of the bill?

Seems to me Trump supporters are constantly trying to support his agenda in terms of policy.

It's the Dems who are justifying their opposition to Trump based on things like Trump getting two scoops of ice cream, eating his steak with ketchup, and his crippling fear of stairs. Their fear of Trump being Putin's puppet is increasingly being exposed as a rather flimsy fantasy and the idea that Trump's election has ushered in a new era of fascism has only been substantiated by the violence of the far left.

Both parties were hijacked. Yes the Republicans have reached new lows. So have Democrats. Both are off the rails crazy. Neither care about American values of Liberty. They are stuck in the past, while ignoring the lessons of the past. And the news is fake.

Trump isn't as bad as Hillary, but he's not doing enough imo. But I'd rather have a person not do enough than take the country straight to hell.

It feels like there is a lot of bad blood. Can't help but sense something horrible on the horizon.

Last edited:
I thought the question was fine. What is the Trump supporters defense of the process by which the Senate is working on this tax cut bill? What is the defense of the bill?
That wasn't the question asked in the OP, although it is a good question. Maybe you should start a better thread about that.

Looking likely that increased speed of information could be bad for society. Better when people could imagine if they had it better or worse off. Gave conversation and language more dimension.

We are pushing towards a pure mathematical society. It's about numbers at this point and our conversations are starting to reflect it.

That wasn't the question asked in the OP, although it is a good question. Maybe you should start a better thread about that.
He asked about their agenda and anyone keeping up to date with current events knows their agenda right now is a tax cut bill disguised as healthcare reform. I think it's ok to write an OP assuming some level of understanding of current events.

If people don't know what the GOP's agenda is they don't have to participate.

What do you think? Sad!

You lost 1000 seats in 8 years and spend 1.2 billion on a failed white house bid...the only political party living in their own reality are democrats.

It really would be so hard to find someone in the other political party living in their own reality.... You would have to go really deep to find someone who imagines their own reality.

Donald-Trump-Very-Funny-Angry-Face-Picture.jpg

I have private health insurance. Why should I care about people on Obamacare? Funny how this guy tries to act like he's got the moral high ground and resorts to ad hominem. Yeah you stay classy my man and keep feeding off those fake news outlets you cling so dearly for hope. Its going to be a really long 8 years, buckle up.

I think we're at an all time low for both parties, honestly. There's not much good coming from either regardless of what the liberals or Trumplings say otherwise.

He asked about their agenda and anyone keeping up to date with current events knows their agenda right now is a tax cut bill disguised as healthcare reform. I think it's ok to write an OP assuming some level of understanding of current events.

If people don't know what the GOP's agenda is they don't have to participate.
TS isn't talking about tax bills specifically. He's making broad and vague complaints about republicans being too broad and vague.

The left is in panic mode going literally batshit insane yet you believe the right has reached new lows? This is very telling of your partisan delusions.

So TS hasn't seen the crazy shit the left has been doing since Trump won, where they have lost their minds.

insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

The democrats still haven't seen this.

To be fair I'm not happy with plenty of shit the republicans are doing and how but then there is the worse choice.

This is by far the worst and lowest republicans have ever been

-a guy who never voted for obama and considered himself republican up until about 4 years ago.

I am not a big fan of the Republican Party, but the Democratic Party is full of a bunch of crybabies that won't accept the election results.

dem_party_seal.jpg

I also think the current tribal political environment is far worse than I've seen in my lifetime. So yes, we have hit new lows IMO.

Why do you think this?

Back