Has the look/image of the average MMA fighter changed over time?

MMAislife69

natural heavyweight
@Orange
Reaction score
I remember in the old days the average fighter looked like someone you wouldn't want to mess with because he looked scary. Not just his size but also his overall look. A lot of these fighters were bald. Nowadays there are too many pretty boys. Guys with well groomed beards and plucked eyebrows and full head of hair. What do you think of the image of the average UFC fighter now compared to the old days?

tank.jpg

stip.jpg

I remember in the old days the average fighter looked like someone you wouldn't want to mess with because he looked scary. Not just his size but also his overall look. A lot of these fighters were bald. Nowadays there are too many pretty boys. Guys with well groomed beards and plucked eyebrows and full head of hair. What do you think of the image of the average UFC fighter now compared to the old days?

there used to be a mix and there still is. anderson was always metro

method_get_s_anderson-silva-04-19-12-17-5-15-427.jpg

and now conor carries the flag for :eek::eek::eek:

Conor-McGregor-strips-573004.jpg

Average UFC fighter used to be a white boy with a shaved head and tribal tats. I don't watch MMA anymore but when UFC re-runs are on TV I don't see that anymore.

It's developed into an actual sport with a comprehensive rule set and real paydays such that you don't necessarily have to be a crazy person to want to pursue it. Back in the old days, those guys had to be a little bit off to willingly do what they did.

Stopped watching when all the competing orgs died and the UFC started putting on so many events with irrelevant fighters. Probably around 2012 or something. 99% of my posts are in the War Room and pretty much of all my posts discussing MMA are from fights and fighters from when I used to watch MMA. This thread for example.

They used to look like douchebags with tribal tattoos and mohawks with Affliction shirts.

Now it's douchebags with tribal tattoos and mohawks with Reebok shirts.

Your in for some flaming my friend hope you brought your sun screen

Just compare Hammer House and Chute Boxe to Team Alpha Male and SBG.

From scaryass monsters to preening manlets. What a time to be alive.

They used to look like douchebags with tribal tattoos and mohawks with Affliction shirts.

Now it's douchebags with tribal tattoos and mohawks with Reebok shirts.
I think overall hairstyle and hair grooming has changed a lot. Before fighters had no care for this.

Average UFC fighter used to be a white boy with a shaved head and tribal tats. I don't watch MMA anymore but when UFC re-runs are on TV I don't see that anymore.

You dont watch MMA but you post on sherdog. Gtfo here dude. Nobody buys that shit for a second here

You dont watch MMA but you post on sherdog. Gtfo here dude. Nobody buys that shit for a second here
What do I gain from lying about that? Look at my post history. Lots of people on Sherdog don't watch MMA anymore, and a few never watched it. This forum is much bigger than the Heavies.

Back