Has Max Holloway settled on a narrative yet?

Hax 'holiday' Molloway

I really hope Aldo smashes him and shuts him up for good. One of the most annoying fighters in UFC ever.

Holloway just rambles on and on yet thinks he's clever.

yes,

violent delights have violent ends

Holloway should have been fighting Aldo for the real title, not Anthony Pettis for an interim title. Aldo was missing. Maybe you'll recall he was talking about retirement, saying he didn't want to fight Holloway, wanted to fight Pettis instead.

Aldo has 1 fight in over a year and suddenly because Holloway doesn't jump into another fight on 2 months notice he's the problem?

Now Aldo's talking about fighting at LW. Also sounds like Holloway is ready to renegotiate his contract too. I don't know how anyone can look at this scenario and think that Max Holloway is the problem here.

I don't think Holloway is the "problem" here but after the post fight call out he doesn't look good in this situation.

There is a bigger problem in the UFC with fighters wanting to pick and choose opponents which I think is largely due to Conor's influence on the sport. Prior to Conor's big push I don't remember Aldo trashing opponents or saying a fighter didn't deserve to fight him in all of his defenses. He fought who they put in front of him. Once Conor got a belt and people asked him about defenses he's been dismissive of any name put in front of him and says they don't deserve to fight him and haven't earned it. Since then, Aldo has been way more vocal about getting specific fights and I don't think it's because he lost to Conor but more the way Conor gets to pick and choose his fights while nobody else has any leverage and gets fucked over by the UFC in all contract negotiations.

Now we have tons of fighters who have contracts who are refusing to take fights unless they get more $$ or won't fight specific fighters because they don't want to risk losing a big money fight with Conor. This is fucking up FW and LW a ton and WW some too. I think the reason we're seeing the ridiculous interim belts is because the only way the UFC can get top contenders to fight each other is if the fighters feel like they will have a guaranteed shot at Conor with a win. I doubt Aldo vs Edgar would have happened without that belt as a "guarantee" and I don't think TFerg vs Khabib (or Aldo vs either of these guys) will happen without it.

He was put on the spot immediately after winning the belt on live TV. Pretty shitty position to be in.

I think in the rush of the moment after his achievment, he's fired up and ready to go and then probably afterwards realizes "wait a minute, I have a family and we had a bunch of plans and I just gave up Thanksgiving".

It was a bad move on Dana's part to have this all set up beforehand and do it on live tv.

It doesn't look like he was prompted to call out Aldo or put on the spot by Joe Rogan, Joe Rogan literally said "how does it feel to have the belt", Holloway said "I've been saying all week, where's Waldo ... Let's do it in February in Brooklyn"

So you've said; it's Aldo's fault for agreeing to fight, it's Dana's fight for having Holloway interviewed after the fight (which is 100% normal) and it's Aldo's fault for agreeing to fight.
Gee maybe instead of blaming those 3 people you could, I dunno, blame someone else......
P.s the post fight interview is attached :)

It doesn't look like he was prompted to call out Aldo or put on the spot by Joe Rogan, Joe Rogan literally said "how does it feel to have the belt", Holloway said "I've been saying all week, where's Waldo ... Let's do it in February in Brooklyn"

So you've said; it's Aldo's fault for agreeing to fight, it's Dana's fight for having Holloway interviewed after the fight (which is 100% normal) and it's Aldo's fault for agreeing to fight.
Gee maybe instead of blaming those 3 people you could, I dunno, blame someone else......
P.s the post fight interview is attached :)

"Where's Jose Waldo? I'll be waiting."

<{anton}>

Let us not speak this fool's name again until he actually fight.

I like Holloway but he comes off as a typical meathead.

Pussy this, pussy that....*shoots self in foot when real life happens*

Aldo did a similar thing in his rage against McGregor late last year, early this year.

Just be careful what you say and if you don't speak English, have the translation cross-checked.

I like Holloway but he comes off as a typical meathead.

Pussy this, pussy that....*shoots self in foot when real life happens*

Aldo did a similar thing in his rage against McGregor late last year, early this year.

Just be careful what you say and if you don't speak English, have the translation cross-checked.

The offer they made to Aldo after RDA pulled out was on much worse conditions:

- He was recently out of medical suspension
- 2-week notice
- No training camp would be possible
- No belt
- At 155 lbs

The offer made to Holloway:

- No medical suspension to Holloway that we know of (alleged injury came up several days after the Pettis fight and after some backlash over his trip to Disneyland)
- 9-week notice (Dec 11, 2016 - Feb 11, 2017), but more time in reality since all the parties involved knew the date before the Holloway vs Pettis fight
- Belt on the line
- At his weight class

yes it's obvious holloway is ducking the only fight that make sense for him and the fight he's been waiting for years.
, or it's just true that he can't be ready in february..

Why settle on a narrative if there are multiple valid reasons? Or do you think there can ever only be one reason for things?

yes it's obvious holloway is ducking the only fight that make sense for him and the fight he's been waiting for years.
, or it's just true that he can't be ready in february..
Aldo always fights every 2 months, so Max should too .. right? Aldo has never pulled out from an injury .. so Max should not either, right?

Back