Has Max Holloway settled on a narrative yet?

Max "Hey Aldo let's fight in Feb, don't duck me"
Jose "see you in Feb"
Max "Aldo is trying to fight me in Feb because he knows I'll be drained out and tired from 2 fight camps".........

I guess Aldo should have declined the fight and been called a duck.........?

It literally makes no sense.
I hate to say this, bro... but Aldo accepting the fight was him ducking. I've been reading up on this stuff on Sherdog lately, and I've come to the conclusion that this is the only possible answer. I'm pretty sure Aldo is ducking Featherweight by trying to fight Khabib or Ferguson. And he's likely ducking one of those two by trying to fight the other, when he knows they want to fight somebody else.

fail for looking for logic when max talks - 'everyone else is a bitch except when i need something, then its reasonable' - thats classic small minded thought process

peMlV.gif

I think wanting to spend the holidays with his family, be with his son on his birthday, and go on a vacation with his family is a great reason to not rush into another camp against a guy who's been saying he doesn't even want to fight Holloway.

I think wanting to spend the holidays with his family, be with his son on his birthday, and go on a vacation with his family is a great reason to not rush into another camp against a guy who's been saying he doesn't even want to fight Holloway.

This.

This thread is a joke right?

We are attempting to shame Max for actually fighting, getting hurt and planning his life around it?

While Aldo didn't say anything until Max was deep into camp for a fight, looking for a fight in a short time span...?

Okay.

All perfectly reasonable if he hadn't called Aldo out specifically for a card in February with silly hashtag slogans.

I still cant understand where that "February in Brooklyn" idea came from, they might not be the brightest, but i would guess they "practice" their winning speeches, or at least have the idea of who are they going to call out, in that case the name was already set, it was Aldo, then where the Brooklyn idea came from? He already had to know it was 2 months away....including holidays and whatnot, specially the part where the Gym is supposed to take christmas off.....Cant understand it.

I'm beyond lost with this one. How can you have gall to talk absurd amounts of shit to someone for so long about ducking, then call them out, even giving a specific time and place to do it on a huge card, and then fucking back out with a hundred wack excuses when Aldo doesn't just accept the fight by word, but actually signs the contract and everything to take the fight when you wanted it?

Even worse is that he's spent a year or more now talking mad shit about Aldo being a pussy and not accepting the fight, and even talks about Aldo going missing with all the Waldo stuff, then Aldo signs the fight contract the moment the Pettis fight finished and Holloway runs off with a book of excuses as to why he can't do it. The way he's talking its doesn't even sound as though he's injured, but rather just doesn't want to fight.

Get the biggest, most important fight he's ever likely to have, and says 'Can't do it, my gym is closed'....

raw

At least Cain would get fucking hurt to justify his time off, lol.

Conor McStripperson and Max Holiday are legit just off taking vacations.

Thank McStripperson for setting a new low.

This.

This thread is a joke right?

We are attempting to shame Max for actually fighting, getting hurt and planning his life around it?

While Aldo didn't say anything until Max was deep into camp for a fight, looking for a fight in a short time span...?

Okay.

Errr, no. The only joke is that Max wanted it for 208 and spent the last year going apeshit at Aldo, and the last coiuple of months specifying the date he wanted the fight. Max was the one that wanted the fight on that card, Aldo just agreed to it. Aldo said he didn't call anyone out because he didn't know who to call out and waited until after the Pettis/Max fight, even though he preferred Pettis because he was the 'bigger' fight...makes sense considering he signed the contract to fight Max the moment Max won. All when Holloway asked for the fight.

All perfectly reasonable if he hadn't called Aldo out specifically for a card in February with silly hashtag slogans.
He was put on the spot immediately after winning the belt on live TV. Pretty shitty position to be in.

I think in the rush of the moment after his achievment, he's fired up and ready to go and then probably afterwards realizes "wait a minute, I have a family and we had a bunch of plans and I just gave up Thanksgiving".

It was a bad move on Dana's part to have this all set up beforehand and do it on live tv.

He was put on the spot immediately after winning the belt on live TV. Pretty shitty position to be in.

I think in the rush of the moment after his achievment, he's fired up and ready to go and then probably afterwards realizes "wait a minute, I have a family and we had a bunch of plans and I just gave up Thanksgiving".

It was a bad move on Dana's part to have this all set up beforehand and do it on live tv.

If he wants to take time off, that's fine. But he should just shut the fuck up instead of complaining and saying that the other guy is running and went missing when he's the one who's not ready to take the fight.

Somehow Holloway is spinning thing making it like Aldo is ducking him and people are actually on his side. People can be very stupid.

Dude called Aldo out then pulled every excuse in the book.

#WhereisMickeyMouseHolloway

If he wants to take time off, that's fine. But he should just shut the fuck up instead of complaining and saying that the other guy is running and went missing when he's the one who's not ready to take the fight.
Holloway should have been fighting Aldo for the real title, not Anthony Pettis for an interim title. Aldo was missing. Maybe you'll recall he was talking about retirement, saying he didn't want to fight Holloway, wanted to fight Pettis instead.

Aldo has 1 fight in over a year and suddenly because Holloway doesn't jump into another fight on 2 months notice he's the problem?

Now Aldo's talking about fighting at LW. Also sounds like Holloway is ready to renegotiate his contract too. I don't know how anyone can look at this scenario and think that Max Holloway is the problem here.

Holloway should have been fighting Aldo for the real title, not Anthony Pettis for an interim title. Aldo was missing. Maybe you'll recall he was talking about retirement, saying he didn't want to fight Holloway, wanted to fight Pettis instead.

Aldo has 1 fight in over a year and suddenly because Holloway doesn't jump into another fight on 2 months notice he's the problem?

Now Aldo's talking about fighting at LW. Also sounds like Holloway is ready to renegotiate his contract too. I don't know how anyone can look at this scenario and think that Max Holloway is the problem here.

I think this topic has been discussed to death. Aldo wanted to rematch McGregor or fight for the real belt. He refused to defend the interim belt. When McGregor was stripped, he agreed to fight Holloway, who's now missing.

Oh well. You don't get to sit out and play the waiting game and then expect everyone to jump at your demands.

For a lot of fighters choosing to sit out often backfires. Here's another case of just that.

A lot of times when someone is accused of ducking there is a lot of people reading into it. You don't need to even read into this one. Max has talked way too much and made himself look like a fool. Its too bad because I have been a fan. But after being such a prick towards Aldo, this looks bad on him. He should have just kept his mouth shut all along until agreements were signed. Instead, he wanted to go on like a badass, and backed out for a number of reasons. Valid ones to be sure, but it doesn't matter after everything he has said. He looks foolish.

By missing, you mean fighting the top guy in Frankie Edgar for the Interim title? Did Holloway go missing by fighting Pettis? Excellent logic there. A fighter 'going missing' on Sherdog these days is one that accepts the top fight in the division against the best fighter (that's not the champ) and wins a title with it. Riiiiight.

No, of course the guy that asked for the fight then pulled out of it isn't the problem. It's the guy that signed on to fight him and was prepared to fight when the contract was given to him. Yes. That makes total sense.

Aldo is trying to do two things that every single fight fan should want out of every top fighter. Defend his title, as he's signed on and trying to do against Max, but Max suddenly doesn't want it on the date he asked for. Second, he's willing to move up to 155 after Max pulled out, and take on the number 1 guy there so he can earn his rematch against Conor.

Explain how Aldo is the problem.

I don't know WTF is going on at 145 or 155. Conor's absence created a vacuum of ducking and it seems the only fighter down for whatever is Aldo.

Imagine that.

Oh well. You don't get to sit out and play the waiting game and then expect everyone to jump at your demands.

For a lot of fighters choosing to sit out often backfires. Here's another case of just that.

Jesus H Christ man! How thick are you? The reason everyone is going 'WTF?!' here is because Aldo didn't make any demands. The point is that Max has talked shit for a year about Aldo and Max demanded the fight on a specific date and card, which Aldo simply agreed to, then Max proceeds to pull out and give a bunch of random excuses.

Aldo only ended up sitting out because the biggest fight in the UFC and the most important of his career was promised to him after the Diaz fight. Once that fell through, he immediately fought Edgar for the title, then waited to see what happened with Pettis/Max and Conor. The fight that worked out of all that mess was the Max fight, which he immediately accepted once again.

Back