Has Max Holloway settled on a narrative yet?

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First we had this beautiful moment:

"Hashtag #JoseWaldo. Tell him to meet me in Brooklyn in February."

"Where's Jose Waldo? I'll be waiting."

<{anton}>

Then Max claimed that

- He would be too burned out to fight in February, it would be too soon.
- He couldn't miss his son's birthday, Christmas and the trip he booked to Disneyland to see Goofy and Mickey Mouse.
- His gym doesn't open during holidays, so he wouldn't be able to train.
- He injured his ankle and needs six weeks. He could only come back in April or May: http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/max-holloway-responds-jose-aldo-saying-fighting-ufc-208-121216

What excuse exactly is he running at this moment? The ankle injury and the return in April/May still stand?

Last edited:
Holloway really shot himself in both feet there.

STOP HIDING WALDO!!!!!!!!! WHERES WALDO??? LETS DO THIS IN BROOKLY IN FEBRUARY!!!

uhhh nevermind my gym is closed during the holidays

145 and 155 are all fucked up. I just wanna see the top guys fight

"You know, make up your mind and just accept that I'm the best motherfucker in the world."

How about the one where he put it back on Aldo trying to take advantage of the situation by fighting him on short notice? That may have been the best one.

His narrative is the same as most scrappers "I'm a pimp, everybody else is a pussy bitch. I'm the only out here trying to give the fans a good fight and fighting anyone anywhere at anytime. All my reasons for waiting are good and valid, but if my opponent gives one, it's just an excuse."

Typical bull-shit street-level rationalizations. They're necessary for survival sometimes, but they hinder progression past a certain point.

#wheresmaxhideaway?
#wheresmaxhidingaway?

The part that stuck out the most to me was his gym not being open during holidays. I clicked the article and didn't see anything re: that. Did I miss something or is that part made up? Hilarious if true but I'm skeptical.

I've completely lost track of all the bullshit that's going on in the Featherweight and Lightweight divisions.

Aldo wants Holloway.
Aldo wants Conor at Lightweight.
Ferguson wants Khabib.
Khabib wants Ferguson.
Ferguson won't sign contract for Khabib fight.
Khabib vs. Aldo for interim lightweight title fight.
Ferguson looking to drop to Featherweight to fight Aldo.

Just what in the actual fuck is going on with these divisions? And it's all thanks to Conor.

Fucking blatant duckjob, I honestly can't believe anyone is defending this idiot and somehow blaming Aldo.

The guy calls Aldo out in aggressive fashion, including the specific time and place, then when Aldo accepts he comes out when every excuse under the sun to NOT fight him, and blames Aldo for wanting to fight him too soon, and it's his son's birthday, and it's Christmas, I mean wtf, lol.

It's as blatant a duckjob as when Canelo called out Golovkin after a fight, then just handed him his belt :D

13256984_238419093195740_1707070884_n.jpg

I've completely lost track of all the bullshit that's going on in the Featherweight and Lightweight divisions.

Aldo wants Holloway.
Aldo wants Conor at Lightweight.
Ferguson wants Khabib.
Khabib wants Ferguson.
Ferguson won't sign contract for Khabib fight.
Khabib vs. Aldo for interim lightweight title fight.
Ferguson looking to drop to Featherweight to fight Aldo.

Just what in the actual fuck is going on with these divisions? And it's all thanks to Conor.
Seasons Beatings from the Conner Clan. Tank top you Conner. He's off blessing couches with his bum as we speak.

Fucking blatant duckjob, I honestly can't believe anyone is defending this idiot and somehow blaming Aldo.

The guy calls Aldo out in aggressive fashion, including the specific time and place, then when Aldo accepts he comes out when every excuse under the sun to NOT fight him, and blames Aldo for wanting to fight him too soon, and it's his son's birthday, and it's Christmas, I mean wtf, lol.

It's as blatant a duckjob as when Canelo called out Golovkin after a fight, then just handed him his belt :D

13256984_238419093195740_1707070884_n.jpg

Savy posters have established that it's not really possible to duck someone unless the fighter is Aldo.

How about the one where he put it back on Aldo trying to take advantage of the situation by fighting him on short notice? That may have been the best one.

Max "Hey Aldo let's fight in Feb, don't duck me"
Jose "see you in Feb"
Max "Aldo is trying to fight me in Feb because he knows I'll be drained out and tired from 2 fight camps".........

I guess Aldo should have declined the fight and been called a duck.........?

It literally makes no sense.

Max "Hey Aldo let's fight in Feb, don't duck me"
Jose "see you in Feb"
Max "Aldo is trying to fight me in Feb because he knows I'll be drained out and tired from 2 fight camps".........

I guess Aldo should have declined the fight and been called a duck.........?

It literally makes no sense.

Can you imagine the backlash if, after Holloway's call out, Aldo refused to fight him? I think this is the first time I see a fighter being criticized for stepping up after a call out.

Back