Has Maia’s coaches ever suggested he should throw kicks?

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
it baffles me this guy doesnt throw more kicks.

Gets lured into the boxing exchanges and proceeds to get dominated

Has Camaros coaches ever suggested to do something? Are we watching 10% Usman or what?

The guy has no fear of being on his back, I don't get why he doesn't throw headkicks constantly tbh

2vmj950.jpg

fuck kicks. just move in closer and clinch. he always tries shooting these awful double leg takedowns on his knees from the outside and gets sprawled over and over.

move in and clinch / dirty box. try for trips or drop down for double etc. or even pull guard. maia never learned to work in close.

The guy has no fear of being on his back, I don't get why he doesn't throw headkicks constantly tbh
Exactly, strike at range, lure the guy in the pocket for the TD.should be a primary strategy for a bjj guy.

I don't blame the UFC, since it's a short notice replacement fight and they literally had all the other top WWs matched up or unavailable. But we're watching a wrestler with a limited stand up game against a BJJ ace with even less of a stand up game and the wrestler is scared to use wrestling because he doesn't want to get submitted.

tenor.gif

This fight was frustrating as hell for that reason. Like, dude... At least attempt a head kick or something when clearly nothing else is working.

I think he would rather spam Take downs rather than kick.

Back