Has Khabib ever been taken down?

Yes by a bear !!!

Abel Trujillo took him down and Khabib almost locked down a triangle/armbar

Last edited:
I remember Tibau taking him down but I think he popped back up pretty quick

C680HKsWkAAz55l.jpg

Abel (4 time all american) took him down and almost got put in a triangle. He reversed position right after and continued to rag doll poor Abel.

Tibau got him down but didn't get any position before Khabib popped up.

Khabib has solid bottom game and strong escapes.

He's been wrestling with tiramasu for decades. Tiramasu always takes him down but khabib always fights his way back up

Abel (4 time all american) took him down and almost got put in a triangle. He reversed position right after and continued to rag doll poor Abel.

Tibau got him down but didn't get any position before Khabib popped up.

Khabib has solid bottom game and strong escapes.

Abel isn't a div 1 all-american though..

Abel isn't a div 1 all-american though..
Yes he is(can't tell if you're being sarcastic). His college was a divison 1 for NAIA. He was a 4 time all american which shocked the hell out of me.

Fun fact, thats the same place Usman and Benvidez wrestled out of.

Yes he is(can't tell if you're being sarcastic). His college was a divison 1 for NAIA. He was a 4 time all american which shocked the hell out of me.

Fun fact, thats the same place Usman and Benvidez wrestled out of.

Lol how is that even possible? He got ragdolled worse than your average striker that learned takedown defense from Youtube.

If so, what's his bottom game like?
Just watched the Abel fight again. After seeing Khabib on his back it became clear you were at no advantage being on top of him over being under. but as has been mentioned, Abel isn't adcc level or anything really.

I'm pretty sure that it's not very relevant.

He's a monster wrestler in MMA, I don't think anyone is seriously going to succeed at keeping him down.

Punching him in the mug is the way.

He's an absolute beat when it comes to grappling, everywhere.

Lol how is that even possible? He got ragdolled worse than your average striker that learned takedown defense from Youtube.
I was just as shocked as you. Abel was no joke in college. I think that's why he mentally broke in that fight. I don't think he expected that he'd ever lose that badly at his own game.

Khabib is an animal.

Last edited:
Back