Has Khabib ever been in trouble?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Not the throwing a dolly through a bus window kind, but has Khabib ever been rocked, dazed, close to submitted etc? Besides MJ stunning him and knocking him down, I can't find anything else. The MJ shot doesn't count cause he was completely coherent, eyes never rolled back, and he just bounced back up like a spring.

No.

He struggled against Tibau offensively, but won all rounds on the scorecards.

MJ stunned him and knocked him down? He definitely wasn't knocked down or even stunned, Joe Rogan fooled a lot of people.

he was tapped hard by mj and considering he's only fought one good fighter in rda... id say hes massively untested.
also, knocks usually happen with risk and 10 fights at a weight he struggles to make against mediocre opponents with 6 decision wins - id say he doesnt take risks, like, ever.

MJ stunned him and knocked him down? He definitely wasn't knocked down or even stunned, Joe Rogan fooled a lot of people.

He was definitely stunned, his knees buckled.

In answer to OP - there haven't really been moments where he's been in SERIOUS trouble other than MJ, even if you think Tibau beat him it was via shutting him down rather than dominating him - but there have been moments where he's been caught in a bad position, but he always finds a way out

He never got knocked down.

And he never felt real adversity in the UFC. Can't talk about his earleir fights.

It's a big unknown.

It's impossible to really tell what a guy is made of until they have dealt with real adversity. My guess is that he does it well though.

He was definitely stunned, his knees buckled.

In answer to OP - there haven't really been moments where he's been in SERIOUS trouble other than MJ, even if you think Tibau beat him it was via shutting him down rather than dominating him - but there have been moments where he's been caught in a bad position, but he always finds a way out
Kevin Lee's knees buckled against Barboza, Michael Johnson landed a good shot on Khabib and Khabib was in no danger at all. How can you call that serious trouble? He walked forward right after he took that shot, didn't do any sort of chicken dance and took MJ down easily.

He's got maybe 2 more fights at 155 before has to move up and get smashed.

We'll see if he can show up 2 more times.

His next fight he will be in trouble.

he was tapped hard by mj and considering he's only fought one good fighter in rda... id say hes massively untested.
also, knocks usually happen with risk and 10 fights at a weight he struggles to make against mediocre opponents with 6 decision wins - id say he doesnt take risks, like, ever.

Yes, but it wasn't even close to the stanky leg by Lee or even Ferguson (vs. Vannata). He got clipped, and it stunned him for a sec. That's it. Lee was in horrible straits last night, and Barboza is kicking himself today I'm sure... for not getting back off of him and standing the fight back up after that.

Kevin Lee's knees buckled against Barboza, Michael Johnson landed a good shot on Khabib and Khabib was in no danger at all. How can you call that serious trouble? He walked forward right after he took that shot, didn't do any sort of chicken dance and took MJ down easily.

Ever been rocked before?

with the way khabib keeps his chin high with his hands down....it's a inevitability before his major defensive inefficiencies cause him to be rocked or put in danger. tony ferguson and conor will be the ultimate test of khabib's lacking defense

Yeah, when he was scheduled to fight Tony Ferguson.

he was tapped hard by mj and considering he's only fought one good fighter in rda

Roided Tibau (in 2012), MJ, Al Iaquinta and Barbosa are all good fighters. Maybe not elite, but good. I'd argue that Pat Healy was also good at the time he fought Khabib. He'd won 10 of his last 11 fights (one was a no contest since he tested positive for pot). His only loss during that time was to a prime Josh Thomson.

Right here..
Conor-McGregor-Hurling-Dolly-UFC-223-Embedded.jpg

Roided Tibau (in 2012), MJ, Al Iaquinta and Barbosa are all good fighters. Maybe not elite, but good. I'd argue that Pat Healy was also good at the time he fought Khabib. He'd won 10 of his last 11 fights (one was a no contest since he tested positive for pot). His only loss during that time was to a prime Josh Thomson.
i disagree.
barao is better than all 3 and he is mcgs 2nd weakest win.

I say no. Never close to being finished equals never in trouble.

giphy.gif

He signed to fight Tony and wants to fight Conor. I find your argument to be baseless.

All this talk and no gifs? Let me help.

This one?
UnrulyAdoredFawn-size_restricted.gif

Not hurt, not rocked. He got clipped, put his hands up and that’s it.

I think you don’t mean this one?
img1.gif

Because he got tagged there too, but hey, it’s a fist fight. Not rocked.

Back