Has GSP been trash talked like this before?

phatty

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Trash talking in MMA/UFC I believe got elevated (devolving the sport in my opinion,) with Chael Sonnen so this was late in Georges career.

Besides what I recall from Diaz does anyone recall George being trash talked anything like how he is now by Bisping?

It's not even close really but this reminds me of Conor trash talking Aldo. He broke Aldo. I feel like GSP is either broken or close in THIS PART of the game. I'm not even sure in French if George would be able to counter Bisping :(

St Pierre does his talking in the cage. Hughes and Diaz tried and it didn't help. Expect the same against The Count. So PUMPED for this fight.

I wonder if GSP will be called a "dirty" fighter after he jabs Bispings bad eye to a pulp?

GSP has endured way worse trash talk than this and has shut everyone up. I expect GSP to do the same with Bisping.

St Pierre does his talking in the cage. Hughes and Diaz tried and it didn't help. Expect the same against The Count. So PUMPED for this fight.
this. Koscheck too. And I'm not even a gsp fan. But the man doesn't break easily.

....cue the serra gifs lol

this. Koscheck too. And I'm not even a gsp fan. But the man doesn't break easily.

....cue the serra gifs lol

edit: in the last line above, should it be cue or queue? Am I saying it's someones cue to post the gif, or am I saying line the gifs up so they're ready to be posted? hmmmm

edit2: lol. fucking sherdog putting the quote button where edit used to be. Now I'm that guy......

Penn
Kos
Diaz
Hendricks
Hughes
All talked shit.

Penn quit on the stool
Diaz basically retired
Hendricks basically imploded. By exploding
Koschecks face was broken. Couldnt get on a plane.
Hughes was never the same.

method=get&s=wolf-tickets.gif

OK cool thanks for the replies. Forgot about Kos now it came back lol.

I can't imagine GSP is fazed in any way right now.

He had Diaz calling him out very publically for a long time, calling him all names under the sun, trying to get under his skin.

GSP is a veteran with a mature attitude to fighting.

It will certainly be an interesting fight, but not for one second do I think it will be determined as a result of any trash talking.

edit: in the last line above, should it be cue or queue? Am I saying it's someones cue to post the gif, or am I saying line the gifs up so they're ready to be posted? hmmmm

edit2: lol. fucking sherdog putting the quote button where edit used to be. Now I'm that guy......
It should be cue.

I think Bisping wins, but I don't think the trash talk has anything to do with it. GSP has just been out of the game for too long.

People saying Diaz or Kos or whoever else are lying
He's been trash talked but not to this degree

But it doesn't mean he's gonna lose or he's shook or he's rattled or Ping is in his head, it's just a fact that none or his opponents have been this relentless with the trash talk before

It should be cue.

I think Bisping wins, but I don't think the trash talk has anything to do with it. GSP has just been out of the game for too long.

This.

Elite athletes are not usually prone to being affected by trash talk, fear or the same insecurities that the average Joe contends with.

There are plenty of legit reasons why a fighter might underperform...being called names isn't one of them.

Would you not agree Aldo was completely shattered by Conor's treatment and walked into the octagon looking "shook?"

Yep, Koscheck wanted to motorboat his ass.

He had to put up with Koscheck's ridiculousness for an entire season of TUF.

Kos paid with his orbital bone. It's criminal that they let that fight continue. I loathed Koscheck but I was literally feeling legit sympathy for him...he deserves mad respect for not throwing in the towel with an obviously smashed eye-socket.

This.

Elite athletes are not usually prone to being affected by trash talk, fear or the same insecurities that the average Joe contends with.

There are plenty of legit reasons why a fighter might underperform...being called names isn't one of them.

Would you not agree Aldo was completely shattered by Conor's treatment and walked into the octagon looking "shook?"

Back