Has Cruz ever finished an elite opponent

Start naming them...

MIchael Bisping is no elite fighter. He had almost zero chance in beating any elite fighter and clearly dodged all of them after he got the belt. He got the lucky shot against a lazy Rockhold and was never forced to defend a rematch like other fighters who had supposed fluke wins.

Matt Hughes was holding the belt so I can see that someone will argue he was elite. But Hughes was clearly fading as can be noted from his record that he did 50% on all of his fights at that point forward of his career....

BJ Penn was a LW fighter, not WW and took him to 4th round (thus not elite in WW division).

GSP is very much like Cruz in method (point fighters).

Hughes was riding a 6 fight win streak before gsp ruined him lol that’s not the same as fading

Closest would be Mizugaki, when that still meant something.

That never meant anything. Mizugaki was never elite. He was pumped by the organization to make him sound like he was something. He was ranked #5 when Dom beat him, yet he had never beat a Top 10 UFC fighter!

He'll beat you by split decision and act like he destroyed you every time.

Start naming them...

MIchael Bisping is no elite fighter. He had almost zero chance in beating any elite fighter and clearly dodged all of them after he got the belt. He got the lucky shot against a lazy Rockhold and was never forced to defend a rematch like other fighters who had supposed fluke wins.

Matt Hughes was holding the belt so I can see that someone will argue he was elite. But Hughes was clearly fading as can be noted from his record that he did 50% on all of his fights at that point forward of his career....

BJ Penn was a LW fighter, not WW and took him to 4th round (thus not elite in WW division).

GSP is very much like Cruz in method (point fighters).
Matt hughes, trigg at the time, sherk at the time, bj at the time.....

If you're asking if he has finished any elite fighters of this current era, then no, and it's a dumb question.

Has fedor finished any elite fighters of this era?

Nope not at all. Cruz has been the hipster fighter here for a while as in “finishes don’t matter because he is the future of mma”...or this is what sherdog tried to tell me

Thank goodness he finally lost one fight so that you can finally feel powerful and important with your clueless ideas about how to perceive skill levels in MMA.

Thank goodness he finally lost one fight so that you can finally feel powerful and important with your clueless ideas about how to perceive skill levels in MMA.

The question was had he finished an elite opponent and I said no. What do you say?? Because what you wrote had nothing to do with that question....

Full disclosure, in person Cruz is a good guy and I actually learned something from training with him in the Gym a few years back that I still use in sparring to this day.....

Matt hughes, trigg at the time, sherk at the time, bj at the time.....

If you're asking if he has finished any elite fighters of this current era, then no, and it's a dumb question.

Has fedor finished any elite fighters of this era?

Sherk was past his prime at that time. He was not a top 5 in the WW division when Pierre beat him.

Trigg - Okay. Maybe this one could be argued, but once again he was likely overrated at that time. Trigg was ranked 4th when they fought, but 6 months later he was not in the Top 10. One year later he was not in the Top 20.

BJ was an elite LW fighter.... BJ does not qualify as elite in WW. And in fact on their first fight it was a split decision. He only got a high ranking because he upset Hughes. His WW record was pretty bad.

Hughes was riding a 6 fight win streak before gsp ruined him lol that’s not the same as fading

Yes and it did not include elite fighters either from what I can see.

Royce Gracie (unranked and won one of last four fights before Hughes).
BJ Penn (Natural LW not a good WW) ,
GSP (too nervous to create a good fight),
Riggs (previously unranked MW fighter),
Trigg (ranked 4th - faded into unranked within a year),
Verissimo (ranked 6th when they fought).

But I respect any difference of opinion. I just don't think Hughes was elite at least during that period.

Sherk was past his prime at that time. He was not a top 5 in the WW division when Pierre beat him.

Trigg - Okay. Maybe this one could be argued, but once again he was likely overrated at that time. Trigg was ranked 4th when they fought, but 6 months later he was not in the Top 10. One year later he was not in the Top 20.

BJ was an elite LW fighter.... BJ does not qualify as elite in WW. And in fact on their first fight it was a split decision. He only got a high ranking because he upset Hughes. His WW record was pretty bad.
Sherk was very much in his prime when GSP beat him, he reached the apex of his career after the GSP fight. And he was a top fighter at WW at the time.

Lol Sherk was ranked 3 when GSP crushed him.

Tell me more about MMA 10 years ago.

Back