Has Conor actually influenced you? If so, how?

So Conor was named in the top 100 influential people by Times.

I must admit his rise to stardom, thus far, has been quite motivating. He went from average Joe to MMA's biggest star through hard work and determination.

So have his career exploits influenced you. If so, how?
motivated me to make a sherdog account and shit all over his fans

His fans have influenced me far more than he has.

That work etic inspires me. And talent non existence. I'm big believer in work.

The law of attraction ( predicted his future )
The story is pretty nice tho from welfare to ufc champ.
yeahh he can be annoying with his trashtalking and stuff but he is a smart man and use that to get where he is now.

That work etic inspires me. And talent non existence. I'm big believer in work.
talent is a very real thing. it may give you positive results to believe otherwise, but that's just because you're putting tons of hard work into your craft.

Time magazine must be really hard up for influential people. This is ridiculous, what exactly did he influence outside of the 200 people obsessed with him on SD. I'd rate doctors, nurses, truck drivers, cab drivers, convenience store workers, etc. as being WAY more influential. JMO

Dare to be great. Ignore the hate.

I used to play along with the GOAT gimmick. He claimed GOAT status after his first UFC win. It was so lulz.

Well, he influenced me to not play along with retards anymore.

I now want a friend that is a dork with a ponytail :)

Nope I dont usually look up (down) to Irish manlets

I say "tanks" most of the time now and I got a tatoo to highlight my bellybutton.

What's your opinion on the matter? Mine is he talks lots of shit. And he can strike (against Nate is questionable) but that's it. Is he influential to me? No.

Sherdoggers getting insecure at the idea of being "influenced"

This forum is full of independent rebels.

Nothing can persuade these guys to watch an event, they made up their mind on their own.

So Conor was named in the top 100 influential people by Times.

I must admit his rise to stardom, thus far, has been quite motivating. He went from average Joe to MMA's biggest star through hard work and determination.

So have his career exploits influenced you. If so, how?
Well since I keep my shit real on Sherdog I will admit he got me interested in MMA again. After that I went to the first Bellator Dynamite event just to see Fedor make a bullshit announcement. While there I watched King Mo vs Linton Vassell and thought to myself ... wow, these guys look like SHIT in person, I think I'll finally give BJJ a shot. Now 3 years later I'm a 3 stripe blue belt under a 10x time world champion. I've quit smoking, boozing, and eating like shit. I'm healthy as fuck and will be training BJJ the rest of my life. I met my current gf through BJJ connections.
Thank you Conor for being so God Damn entertaining 3 years ago. You were the shot in the arm this sport needed, and in turn it has made my world a better place. Now having said that ... DEFEND THE BELT OR VACATE PUSSY!

Time magazine must be really hard up for influential people. This is ridiculous, what exactly did he influence outside of the 200 people obsessed with him on SD. I'd rate doctors, nurses, truck drivers, cab drivers, convenience store workers, etc. as being WAY more influential. JMO

Let's not exaggerate, there's about 10 on sherdog and I suspect 7 are McGregor.

On the other hand though there's now a fair few fighters mimicking his dress and behaviors..... For better or worse.

REALLY...

How is going to influence me an obnoxious, arrogant and egocentric jabroni who trash talked his way into title shots, and not defending any belt he won in his mma career while disrupting 2 divisions in the UFC while uncle dqna being his employee...

HELL NO.

G09Wj_s-200x150.gif
I feel this ^^^ @ColombianFist all of this ^^^ accept for that ^^^, would've fixed but couldn't guess it? But I felt the message...

Old Schoolers Rise up...

When Conor tapped to Diaz I won a bunch of money. Other than that the guy is about as influential as Hitler
Ummmmm Hitler's influence brainwashed the entire nation of Germany into killing 3 million Jews while hell bent on world domination. If it weren't for the allies Hitler would have been in charge of a New World Order. That doesn't sound like a man with influence? He's possibly the most influential man in Human History.

He's a very exciting fighter that I'll always tune in to watch. That, in it self, means that he influences me. I don't go around acting like I am him, though.

He can definitely strike. I would like to see him fight Khabib or Tony. I respect his drive to be great, though. If he fights Woodley, I believe he wins.
Beats Woodley? Whoa I disagree with you, man! But let the UFC put that together. They're motivated by money and to them any fight with Mac is money. He's overrated IMO. Waiting on him to show the balls to defend a belt.

G09Wj_s-200x150.gif
I feel this ^^^ @ColombianFist all of this ^^^ accept for that ^^^, would've fixed but couldn't guess it? But I felt the message...

Old Schoolers Rise up...

sorry for the typo, just fixed it.

Of all the people in this world i wonder why Arnold chose him to e a pioneer?? is it because he felt related as a foreigner trying to be successful?? You got doctors, educators, people who makes this cruel world a better place for others, environmentalists etc and he chose an obnoxious, arrogant paper champ of a jabroni as a pioneer?? in what, SHIT TALK??

I read that list and the president of my country was in the main list and seeing him with irish ajbroni makes me sick, even if both guys are in different list Time decided to put Irish jabroni on it.

Back