Has Chuck Become the New Ken Shamrock

If he has another 10 fights with the same results then yes.

Chuck was at least UFC champ and considered the best in the world for awhile. Ken only held UFC superfight belts.

Ken lost like 13 in a row. Chuck is on 4. Imagine.

A little early to make that call

I think Ken could beat Chuck right now, never thought I'd say that.

Everyone is just "the new", "the MMA version" etc of other people. At least simple minded thread starters need to view the world that way. So go ahead. Sure

No,

Chuck was actually good at some point.

Shamrock was the best NHB fighter in the world when he submitted Dan Severn in 1995. You sound like another Sherdiot who judges mid-1990s NHB by 2018 MMA standards.

Last edited:
I think Ken could beat Chuck right now, never thought I'd say that.

Yeah, and 48-year old Ken Shamrock (even after years of more active MMA and pro wrestling injuries) was a lot more mobile than Chuck...

Ken lost like 13 in a row. Chuck is on 4. Imagine.

Kens' biggest losing streak was 5. Chuck is just 1 shy of this streak. Google is your friend--even for the lazy and moronic!!!

I think Shamrock would murder Chuck at this point tbh.

He might. I'd definitely pick Couture (who's 7 years older than Chuck) to beat him. Even 64-year old Severn might beat him at HW (Dan could never cut to 205). Severn was still a decent small org/journeyman fighter in his 50s. Chuck definitely has health issues--it's not just his age.

Ken was 3 and 15 the past 16 years and lost to CANS. Despite Chuck losing 6 of 7 at the end, he was still fighting legit competition. I do not think these guys are in the same league, Chuck's record and legacy is far superior. Ken's past 16 years:

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-29_12-51-1.png
    upload_2018-11-29_12-51-1.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 12
Ken was 3 and 15 the past 16 years and lost to CANS. Despite Chuck losing 6 of 7 at the end, he was still fighting legit competition. I do not think these guys are in the same league, Chuck's record and legacy is far superior. Ken's past 16 years:

Yeah, but Ken was well into his 40s by then. If Chuck had moved to smaller orgs after the Franklin loss, he may have been losing to cans as well. He made the right decision to retire the first time (and probably should have a few fights earlier). But we don't know what Chuck's record would be against lesser opponents if he'd been fighting in recent years. My guess: pretty terrible.

nah,. chuck has his own category: a legend who stuck around the party way too long.

nah,. chuck has his own category: a legend who stuck around the party way too long.

That actually describes Shamrock better. Chuck's is: Retired a couple of fights too late....then indescribably came out of retirement years later.

Chuck got KTFO

shamrock took dives. for money.

That actually describes Shamrock better. Chuck's is: Retired a couple of fights too late....then indescribably came out of retirement years later.

the party ended 11 years ago for chuck and he stuck around. which is my point.

Back