Has Bellator KICKBOXING arrived?

Liveforever67

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For all of those who actually watched the event last night...there was not a single weak fight.EVERY fight was a war with fighters who came to fight.

Was this last event the tipping point?
The production seems to have improved and every fight was crazy entertaining.Thoughts?

No, they haven't. It's still mostly just known and semi-known fighters being matched with no-name opponents. It doesn't compare to some of the other kickboxing organisations, no matter how flashy their production is.

The last two events were certainly an improvement. Still not there yet, though.

I'll keep watching, they're entertaining. Can't really follow the fighters too much because there isn't any rankings etc, but it's fun to watch.

It is well on it's way I believe. Last 2 cards were awesome. JWP getting that head kick was so bad ass. They need to try to crown Raymond Daniels and Joe Schilling now I would say to help get more Americans behind it

Seems like they have improved a bit but they need to put on real fights not can crushing fights. A title belt would make it more serious too.

God please no more bellator title belts. They do not have real divisions so the belts are meaning less plus i really do not want to have to sit thru 5 rounds of bellator star fighter against severely overmatched no name opponent.

What i find so funny is even the fighters for bellator are so uninterested in their own fights they end up not training and lose or barely scrape by a decision.

The bellator fighters are just like the team of guys from thai fight except the bellator guys do not have a couple of years of slaughtering their opponents before becoming so disinterested they are losing to guys that should not even be in the ring with them

God please no more bellator title belts. They do not have real divisions so the belts are meaning less plus i really do not want to have to sit thru 5 rounds of bellator star fighter against severely overmatched no name opponent.

What i find so funny is even the fighters for bellator are so uninterested in their own fights they end up not training and lose or barely scrape by a decision.

The bellator fighters are just like the team of guys from thai fight except the bellator guys do not have a couple of years of slaughtering their opponents before becoming so disinterested they are losing to guys that should not even be in the ring with them
Do they have belts or no?

Yeah there are no divisions. I was trying to say they should try to create real divisions with people fighting for a belt in competitive fights and not just can crushing fights. Right now it's hard to see them as a serious promotion.

Do they have belts or no?

Yeah there are no divisions. I was trying to say they should try to create real divisions with people fighting for a belt in competitive fights and not just can crushing fights. Right now it's hard to see them as a serious promotion.
yea they have a ww title that karim gajji just won back over the weekend and dinise kielzholtz won her title against the girl who beat her on one of their first shows and defended on last italy show

It was a great show but Glory had some great shows on big platforms in the US, with better viewership, bigger mainstream names etc, and they failed too

I just don't see kickboxing ever taking off in the US

It was a great show but Glory had some great shows on big platforms in the US, with better viewership, bigger mainstream names etc, and they failed too

I just don't see kickboxing ever taking off in the US
How many new sports do take off though?

Glory has at least shown to be sustainable despite some low moments. That's all you can really ask for. Expecting it to blow up like MMA did is unrealistic.

They have a fun mid 90s WWF Superstars vibe to their show I can't knock. Its so unimportant you feel anything COULD happen lol.

For all of those who actually watched the event last night...there was not a single weak fight.EVERY fight was a war with fighters who came to fight.

The production seems to have improved and every fight was crazy entertaining.Thoughts?
Joe Schilling's opponent spent the whole fight covering up that wasn't a war.

thats good news, is it online? anyone have a link?

will be nice to see another organization hold fights and do well. I think bellator will do good, its a MMA org, promoting kickboxing fights, so should hopefully expose and carry over many MMA fans to kickboxing.

thats good news, is it online? anyone have a link?

will be nice to see another organization hold fights and do well. I think bellator will do good, its a MMA org, promoting kickboxing fights, so should hopefully expose and carry over many MMA fans to kickboxing.
Scott Coker probably sees the end of MMA with in the next few years so is getting back into promoting Kickboxing again.

Scott Coker probably sees the end of MMA with in the next few years so is getting back into promoting Kickboxing again.
That might be the most ridculous comment ever posted in the history of Sherdog on any forum.

That might be the most ridculous comment ever posted in the history of Sherdog on any forum.
Conor and Ronda leave MMA or worse yet that stupid fucking boxing match happens WME fails to deal with their debt shit and UFC starts losing top tier fighters to other orgs the general public dodn't really care for mma outside of the UFC once it's done MMA just turns into another fad.

Conor and Ronda leave MMA or worse yet that stupid fucking boxing match happens WME fails to deal with their debt shit and UFC starts losing top tier fighters to other orgs the general public dodn't really care for mma outside of the UFC once it's done MMA just turns into another fad.

a fad ill be glad to see gone, like tapout and affliction.

Back