has anyone noticed Till doesnt fight like a muay thai fighter?

Yeah, muay thai is well known for being better paying than MMA.
i dont know what that has to do with my comment lol i said nothing regarding money or muay thai.
{<huh}

There is always a threat for takedowns, so you can't rely on a Muay Thai stance.

You need to adapt.

Just because punches don't score as much in Muay Thai doesn't mean that Muay Thai fighters can't be proficient with their hands.

What I'm struck by is how movement orientated he is while he's in the pocket....

He pumps his hands/shoulders and moves his feet good
But its more than just good movement....He is a very aware fighter in his movement

He mirrors his opponents movement and is able to keep them lined up square enough to box extremely well
But he is also highly reactive at the same time so he can avoid shots very well too

I need to see more of his grappling/wrestling to get a better gauge on him....but if he keeps everything standing, that's a moot point....in a good way

That's basically what I just wrote word for word in another thread. I can't agree more

Other than Barboza there aren't many guys who use Thai stance at fights.. And even Barboza does some adaptations, orthodox Thai stance doesn't work at all since it's easy to take down who tries to use that.
Barboza's style isnt very traditional muay thai at all, he is more "Brazilian Muay Thai" a la Aldo and Chute Boxe. The most traditional MT fighters in UFC are Joanna and Matt Brown. And Shevchenko for her clinchwork.

Barboza's style isnt very traditional muay thai at all, he is more "Brazilian Muay Thai" a la Aldo and Chute Boxe. The most traditional MT fighters in UFC are Joanna and Matt Brown. And Shevchenko for her clinchwork.
Yeah, probably you are right, i don't know a lot of the most traditional stance since i've trained only BR MT, and yeah Aldo style is very similar to Barboza's.

Back