Has anyone here try P90X?

The Misses lies. I still see the old thread title.

0079399316102_500X500.jpg

I'd like to give her some resistance...

Whoa, calm down strongman before you blow your ass out from all of that intense squatting. You're right, this IS an MMA forum. I don't care if you're a powerlifter and P90X is a bitches routine in your eyes. It is still an MMA based forum and I am giving my opinion on what I think is an overlooked program(again, mostly in the flexibility area). Squating, deadlifting, and being a jackass are all perfectly fine. So is talking about something that doesn't necessarily involve those things but is still good.

Anyway, I also think I'll point out that while the Legs/Back routine in P90X is good, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add in legitimate squats if you have access to a rack at your house.

Sorry, this is a S&P forum within a MMA site, so you're probably going to catch flack posting about P90X here. S&P is mainly a powerlifting forum.

With that said, I don't doubt that this P90X works, but you won't find many people here who are into that sort of thing.

Also could you just like do starr 5x5 or texas method, then jump over to the conditioning forum and grab a workout off there for cardio and then just do some streches after workouts and have a more effective program than the P90X.... Also it would be free.

I think the main problem most people have is that they take basic, freely available exercise knowledge, package it up like it's some sort of super-secret miracle workout, and charge an arm an a leg for it, all while assaulting our senses with bad infomercials.

Hey guys, super secret advice coming up!

Grueling 75-minute workouts 5 days a week and a strict nutrition program will improve your body composition when compared to a sedentary lifestyle! ZOMG!

(That'll be $120 please...have you heard about our easy financing plan of six easy payments of $19.95?)

While I agree with that analysis, you're forgetting a few things. For one not everyone is going to search online to piece together a proper workout regime from scratch. You have to look at who it is targeted to in the first place; people who in general weren't in shape and know very little about working out properly. You don't make money on a product selling it to a few hundred people on Sherdog who already have a very good understanding(in most cases) of how to work out, how to eat, how to stretch etc. The second thing you're overlooking is having someone there to tell newcomers the PROPER form of each exercise. That is something you aren't going to get piecing your own workout together. Someone is going to say well optimally you should know how.. lets be realistic here people. The bottom line is why struggle to put a vigorous regime together if you're looking to be "fit" in general and your goals aren't pure strength.

The flip side of this is you have a program mostly catered to the uninformed but for once is also a very solid routine for people who have been working out right along.

MTT must be a P90X rep. I don't know why you keep posting. No one is going to agree with you.

Yes, you're right. I just find some of the posts comical, I don't expect many to agree. I saw the thread months after it had been posted so I figured I'd share my positive opinion. That's all. No one has really replied with anything of substance besides comparing the program to Tae-Bo and blasting it for not being free. The first being hilarious and the second understandable I suppose.

MTT do you mind outlining the program in detail here? Once I know what the program is I can critique it.

p90x is good.

I did it about a year and a half ago for the full 90 days. It will increase you're cardio and lose body fat if you are interested in that.

if you are interested only in optimizing strength gains then its not for you.

but i have done the plyometrics workout with some of my friends who only train for power and they couldnt make it through.

To me balance is important. Have good strength, endurance, speed etc.

Is sweating to the oldies still a good workout routine? It's also pre-packaged for people who don't usually work out. Plus, I don't think that Richard Simmons hides behind US intellectual property law for a fucking workout routine.

6ll379c.jpg

Or maybe I'll just buy some sweet Perfect Pushups or the Push up Pro. I heard that only pussies do push ups on the floor.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qDnAM10QvE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qDnAM10QvE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMGZ!!!!!NINETYNINE!!!

sWEATING TO THE OLDIES IS ON BLU RAY NOW? MR. SIMMONS IN HD?!

Is sweating to the oldies still a good workout routine? It's also pre-packaged for people who don't usually work out. Plus, I don't think that Richard Simmons hides behind US intellectual property law for a fucking workout routine.

6ll379c.jpg

Hahaha, nice. Couldn't help but be reminded of this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTxkxG3DF4k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTxkxG3DF4k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm wearing Richard Simmons' shorts now.

I'm wearing 1980s flashdance leg warmers myself.

Hey, at least Simmons cares about the fat asses he is trying to help.

I think that Simmons pwns overprice fitness gimmick of the week. In order to stop the gheyness - deadlifts cure cancer.

kaz4a.jpeg

Back