Has anyone here actually criticized Edmond Tarverdyan before RR lost the championship?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ronda's stand up game was always unimpressive, but she's never had to worry about that because the women's division was in the stone age when she was champ.

After she lost everyone started complaining about her striking coach, but it was also the same coach that was by her when she was winning a bunch of fights in under a minute and accumulated a lot of title defenses.

Was there anyone among you who criticized him when she was actually winning?

Yeah his behavior on tuf 18 is what set it off

Everyone, I think. She would have lost to Miesha if Miesha hadn't clinched every time like a moron.

I did, his lack of boxing knowledge was obvious years before when he started training Darchinyan.
99% of sherdog didn't ofc

I said that mother fucker had date rape face long before I knew anything about how bad his training was.

{<RR}

That came before Ronda lost. Some people tried to claim that this was not only proper form, but that she was clearly more technical than Holly Holm, the highly decorated actual boxer. The rest of us (those with functional eyes, that is) couldn't do much more than laugh.

Ronda's judo is 100% legit. Her armbars are 100% legit. Her boxing (and striking in general) is the most awful pile of garbage in MMA.

I distinctly remember people knowing he was a fraud and all his b ullshit about ronda being a boxing champ earned him criticism while she was still champ

are you kidding? dude has always been a huge joke on here.

Most people did not question him. They only gossiped about some drama with Ronda's mom before the Holly Holm fight, but people did not question him.

To question him will be to question Ronda. None of the MMA journalists looked at Ronda's shadowboxing, and asked themselves, "how is a fighter so bad winning all these fights?"

Kevin Iole wrote a story saying that Ronda deserved to be in the same conversion as Fedor, GSP, Silva, and Aldo, and maybe, she was even better than those guys.

MMA media is a JOKE. They are just Sherdoggers with Youtube Chanels and Twitter accounts. They love the fan favorite fighter and ride on the bandwagon until the wheels fall off.

I disliked him ever since I heard him give advice.

RR knocks out gold medal Olympians in the gym though

I didn't know who he was. As soon as I did,something seemed off. But I didn't know. No.

He was quite in the shadows until that TUF season where they both looked clinically insane. I remember that both Schaub and Browne were criticized for joining that gym just because they dated Rousey, which means it already had a bad reputation (pun intended).

Last edited:
I've only had good things to say about this brilliant man. To quote the footballer/philosopher known as "Beast Mode", I'm thankful.

The general consensus was always that Rousey was doing well due to her judo and natural talent, which got even more true when fighters like Travis and Ellenberger joined that camp and couldn't win a round let alone a fight.

Back