Has anyone had cauliflower ear surgery?

mjg713

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone has had surgery on a hardened cauliflower ear? I'm looking for some before and after pictures or a doctor recommendation. Thanks.

I have not, but I know people who have, and unless you go to a plastic surgeon it is still going to look bad because your cartilage is already damaged. They put you under a local anesthesia and they scrape the crystals out of your ear, it makes the ear less puffy, but if the cartilage is damaged and it usually is, then the ear is still going to look weird. A good plastic surgeon, from what I understand, can make your ear look normal but it is expensive and your insurance will not cover it because it is considered cosmetic.

I have a guy at my gym who claims to have had plastic surgery on his ear. Thing is if true it looks really really good. I looked at it and can't see anything.

I have not, but I know people who have, and unless you go to a plastic surgeon it is still going to look bad because your cartilage is already damaged. They put you under a local anesthesia and they scrape the crystals out of your ear, it makes the ear less puffy, but if the cartilage is damaged and it usually is, then the ear is still going to look weird. A good plastic surgeon, from what I understand, can make your ear look normal but it is expensive and your insurance will not cover it because it is considered cosmetic.

Well I don't think it will look bad because underneath the cartilage should be fine. I did some research on pubmed and a doctor resected the scar tissue and underneath was normal cartilage. Although it may make a difference if you have one of those real bad cauliflower ear, I'm talking about just a very mild one.

I have a guy at my gym who claims to have had plastic surgery on his ear. Thing is if true it looks really really good. I looked at it and can't see anything.
Where are you located? Do you know if he meant just drained or actual removal of the cartilage? Not trying to be annoying, I'm just desperate for the right surgeon. Thanks

Fix your cauliflower ear... what's there to fix? You earned those ears, are you crazy or something?

I'm friends with a surgeon who did those surgeries. He just said that the most important thing is to have it done immediately.

I had cauliflowers a few years back,
If you don't want them, you should go to a professional (as in a Otolaryngologists aka ENT) and drain them immediately, then wear a ear guard during the recovery period. I never got them since.

I always flick my ears from the back a few times after training, get the blood flowing, maybe that prevented further cauliflowers (superstitious perhaps)

Back