Has anyone else just HAD IT with weight missing?

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Basically every event is getting f*cked around with this bullsh*t now.

It's out of control.

putersmash.gif

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

Askren stated the fix. Urine specific gravity test.

Not fair to Wonderboy.

Wtf....good luck Wonderboy

Yes. That's why I find it weird that people want the fight to be cancelled.

Make it a catchweight fight. Wonderboy gets extra money and praise for taking the fight despite all this. Outcome won't affect the division.

Not that i am condoning them but its different with people like hendrix and gastalum who clearly fail to make weight because they are just fat and struggle to diet because the love to eat, Carrying extra fat doesn't give as much as an advantage as these guy's coming in in perfect shape but struggling to make weight because they are simply naturally a weight class bigger in the first place. All cases give an advantage sure but the guy's who should be in a higher weight class take the piss.

It should be used against them come contract negotiations time

At this point, like eye pokes, grabbing the fence and nut-shots, I am beginning to accept missing weight as part of "the game within the game." LOL

If nobody is willing to do anything about it, I don't think I should care. As long as both fighters agree to proceed with the fight, it is fair-play to whoever who wins.

Yes. That's why I find it weird that people want the fight to be cancelled.

Make it a catchweight fight. Wonderboy gets extra money and praise for taking the fight despite all this. Outcome won't affect the division.

<PlusJuan>

Till was going to be way bigger anyways, Wonderboy knew that going in. Missing weight is unprofessional af, that said take the catchweight fight and the check and keep the fight in tact especially when you already made weight and you went through your camp and put in all this work.

<PlusJuan>

Till was going to be way bigger anyways, Wonderboy knew that going in. Missing weight is unprofessional af, that said take the catchweight fight and the check and keep the fight in tact especially when you already made weight and you went through your camp and put in all this work.

Exactly. All this can be solved without cancelling the fight. They can even make it so WB gets his title shot if he wins, like they do with the interim belts when one fighter miss weight. But if Till wins nothing in the rankings or division change. It would just be a catchweight fight. It's about saving the card at this point.

But fans rather want the fight to be cancelled so they can bitch about yet another weak card. It's weird.

Exactly. All this can be solved without cancelling the fight. They can even make it so WB gets his title shot if he wins, like they do with the interim belts when one fighter miss weight. But if Till wins nothing in the rankings or division change. It would just be a catchweight fight. It's about saving the card at this point.

But fans rather want the fight to be cancelled so they can bitch about yet another weak card. It's weird.

Fans will cry regardless, they always find something to be in an uproar about, but wanting to cancel the fight is just next level silly.

I like what you suggested it would be the best way to salvage this, Wonderboy could get a #1 spot after Woodley vs Colby/RDA winner, if Till wins no bump in his stock, let him fight Usman or somebody.

I started crying when he weighed in at 174.5 to be honest

Extreme weight cutting is pretty annoying, tbh. I guess it's fair because everybody is doing it. That doesn't make it less annoying.

A fail like this (if he does fail, which he should) is a bridge too far. But what are ya gonna do?

what if they started weighing the fighters days before the fight. if they have to make weight 5,3,1 day before the fight, none of them would cut so much that they can no longer function. It would make them start cutting to a sustainable weight that they can actually survive at.

sure there is a chance they will still miss the 5 day weigh in but they arent going to be cutting nearly as much since they have to keep the weight off for 5 days

Back