Has anyone done a finance report on KSW like someone did with ONE?

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The talk i hear is they're smart when it comes to budgeting show by show, but any news on ticket prices, sales and overall revenue? I know we got a couple guys here in deep with them. Or atleast could get this info

Nah but I'm interested in finding out as well. Ksw puts on pride level spectacular events, I'd like to know how much they invest and profit if those numbers are available.

Perhaps FrankieNYC knows

ONE Championship's financial statements that were released last week are official and the reporter just had to pay $32 to gain access to them from some database. Singapore has these records available to the public. I don't know if KSW's home country is the same way.

ONE Championship's financial statements that were released last week are official and the reporter just had to pay $32 to gain access to them from some database. I guess they were available to the public because ONE is always actively looking for more investors. I don't know if KSW is the same way.

Hmmm. I mean maybe ksw is as well? I mean Martin is an entrepreneur, so I'm sure he would be doing something close to the same

Hmmm. I mean maybe ksw is as well? I mean Martin is an entrepreneur, so I'm sure he would be doing something close to the same
I re-read the article, BloodyElbow received the financials from the Singapore Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority. Poland's equivalent body may have a similar request system, but who knows what must remain private in a given country.

I want one on any of the big Russian orgs.

It would be interesting to see KSW's financial breakdown. I think they do well. Their shows sellout and do big ratings on TV.

For all the problems with KSW, they don't shoot their mouths off about how they're going to be as big as the NFL, buy up the UFC, make $100 million in revenue despite only being at $16.5 million and majorly in the red, etc.

I also doubt they're doubling their executive's pay every year or two, too.

Yeah, they are on TV. They do millions of viewers. They do really good from my understanding; especially when Khalidov and Pudz fight.

I was a big fan of Khalidov in the mid to late 2000s, and remember there being a decent amount of interest around Pudz around then, too. It's concerning if those two are still their biggest stars a decade later. Have they not managed to build any other stars?

I was a big fan of Khalidov in the mid to late 2000s, and remember there being a decent amount of interest around Pudz around then, too. It's concerning if those two are still their biggest stars a decade later. Have they not managed to build any other stars?

These guys are still stars. Khalidov recently lost to LHW champ Narkun but the rematch is coming soon. Khalidov has been on a tear for years and years. They have solid fighters and champs in all their divisions.

Last edited:
My only concern with KSW is their number of events per year,
I mean their events are so spectacular that I wanted to watch their show every month (sadly only 4 events per year).

Imagine the ACB information

Considering how many events they had planned before the collapse, I wonder if they even have financial information on record.

Imagine the named list of investors though!

Mairbek
Kadyrov
Putin
Ahmed the Butcher
Count Dracula
The Corpse of Ivan the Terrible
Spare-change Floyd Mayweather dropped on last Chechnya visit.
Russian tax-payers
Skeletor

But yes, financial info for every org would be superb. It would finally reveal if there is actually one big org running that makes a profit except for the UFC.

KSW isn't a big fan of releasing numbers. Not sure if they ever have released concrete PPV sells or other accounting numbers.

https://mmabiznes.pl/2017/06/23/ksw-colosseum-rekord-sprzedaza-ppv/
According to this source they sold more PPV's than Adamek vs Klitschko (200 000) at KSW 39 but this was the 56 000 stadium show and also by far their biggest show ever. I think normally they just sell half of it.
But still, most of their events are on PPV, sometimes on Free TV (1 of 5 events this year) but not with their biggest names and with some big commercial breakes.

When it goes about the costs, Lewandowski likes to repeat that their biggest cost factor are the fighters salaries (70-80 % of all expenses). Don't know if there are concrete numbers there but Kawulski recently said in an interview that they already paid some fighters over 1 000 000 Złoty around 270 000 $ (but this includes PPV points I think) ,Khalidov is one of them, so this probably also adds up a bit. And you have to consider that there are other scales for Poland than the US, so this are some big ass expansions.
And KSW has a quite big production and I can imagine that all this lights and other showeffects,big screens, opening ceremonies, flying fighters to Poland for trailers and press conferences, bands at the weigh ins etc. cost a lot of money, too.

https://mambiznes.pl/wlasny-biznes/...dzis-ksw-to-dobrze-zorganizowany-biznes-83801

around 700 people work at an KSW event on average (at KSW 39 it were 4 times more people) That also costs a lot.

https://mma.pl/maciej-kawulski-o-ko...asze-gale-kosztuja-po-kilka-milionow-zlotych/
Maciej Kawulski said once in an interview that their events cost a few million Złoty.

But in general I think they have a better bookkeeping than ONE FC.
You can say a lot of things about Kawulski and Lewandowski but they are not dumb, they know how to run a bussiness, KSW became huge in Poland. It's became a real brand, they opened just opened a second KSW cross fight gym in Poland I think, they have their own KSW sports bar, they sell their own branded clothing, offer an own summer camp and they just made a film/blockbuster about MMA.
They have huge costs but they also generate a lot of income, therefore they sign all this freak fighters that attract a lot of fans, they also have only 9 fights per card because of the high salaries. They don't offer free youtube streams like ONE and they have some big companies that work with them/there are a lot of advertisements during their sows.
I also think they don't have this high marketing costs as ONE since Martin Lewandowski has his own marketing agency and they also just have to focus on the polish market and don't try to take over a whole continent.
And you also don't have to forget that all their events are in big arenas, where they sell about 9 000 - 15 000 tickets and for polish standards this tickets ain't cheap (KSW 46 ticket prices go from 70 to 2500 złotys).

Last edited:
Polish law requires companies to publish their financial statement. Not doing it is a crime and punished by up to 2 years in prison and a fine starting from 100 zł up to1 mln zł. Unfortunatelly almost half of polish companies, including KSW, breaks this law. It's not well executed and I haven't heard about anybody going to prison for this. Fines are more common, but many companies prefer to pay the fine than publish thier financial statement for everybody to see.
FEN, the second biggest polish MMA promotion, but way behind KSW, had in 2017 an income of 1,8 mln zł (486k USD) and a small loss of 74k zł. But the difference between KSW and FEN is huge.

My only concern with KSW is their number of events per year,
I mean their events are so spectacular that I wanted to watch their show every month (sadly only 4 events per year).

6 events in 2019. Confirmed

According to this source they sold more PPV's than Adamek vs Klitschko (200 000) at KSW 39 but this was the 56 000 stadium show and also by far their biggest show ever. I think normally they just sell half of it.

KSW 41 set a new KSW PPV record. Popek vs Strachu :) PPV sales even higher than the KSW Colosseum.

Someone here posted some stats a couple years ago. Can't remember which event but half the males in the country (age 18-40, or whatever the demographic was) watched the event live. That's bigger than Superbowl numbers, but Poland is obviously a much smaller market than the USA.

And as mentioned they sold out that huge stadium show a year after that.

I would guess they're doing really well, but they're probably in a Pride type situation where they won't grow very big outside of Poland. I know a Polish guy that's never watched the UFC, but loves KSW.

I bet they do alright

To be able to sell out the O2 in London is good going

Back