Has anyone dominated Dong Hyun Kim and Demian Maia the way Colby did?

he beat kim but it wasnt anything crazy. was funny listening to colby after though. "he should be embarrassed. i embarrassed him" colby won every round but uh.....naw man

Well you're talking about a real deal, elite collegiate wrestler who was right there in contention for a D1 championship vs guys with good "MMA wrestling". It's a completely different class.

Believe me, the same thing would happen to Khabib if he was thrown in there with Colby. This isn't Rick Story or John Fitch we are taking about, there are many, many levels to wrestling, just like your average BJJ blackbelt is nowhere near the level of a Maia.

Actually, I completely disagree.

College, and even Olympic wrestling have failed to translate to MMA for many guys over the years.

I think that his success in using wrestling has less to do with his elite background; more important is how he adapted it to MMA.

Will show interest when he begins to finish fights as opposed to stalling and inflicting just enough damage to keep it from being stood up.

It irks me when you see fighters that are able to dominate either standing or on the floor, but are content to ride out decisions.

The talent is there, but the killer instinct sells fights

Actually, I completely disagree.

College, and even Olympic wrestling have failed to translate to MMA for many guys over the years.

I think that his success in using wrestling has less to do with his elite background; more important is how he adapted it to MMA.

It is weird that GSP is probably the best MMA wrestler ever, and he basically learned on the job.

Dominated Maia by not grappling with him? He beat fair and square, but that was nt a domination, the first was pretty close... he did dominate the dong thought

Well Marquardt starched Maia and Condit starched Dong so I would say those are more dominating performances than winning decisions.

Boring ass lay and pray. *yawn*

Didn't know that getting outstruck for 5 minutes and then stuffing takedowns for the next 10 counted as "dominating" but okay <45>
he got tagged quite a bit in the first but he dominated the 2nd and third round where he came within inches of finishing maia.

Back