Has anyone been brought in to lose more than Zack Freeman in MMA?

What you said has nothing to do with what im saying.

Bellator clearly wants him to win. No matter how much experience he has or what....

When coker gets asked about this event he wont stop talking about Pico. Thats it.
Everyone else in this thread trying to make this as a skill vs skill thing, when its just about what the promotion wants the outcome to be...

Damn sherdog....

So you're saying that promoters promote certain fighters more than others? Absolutely schocking. When I saw this thread I thought that Zak would be some bum with a 1-6 record or something. There's a lot of hype around Pico obviously but he has yet to prove that he's actually a fighter.

So you're saying that promoters promote certain fighters more than others? Absolutely schocking. When I saw this thread I thought that Zak would be some bum with a 1-6 record or something. There's a lot of hype around Pico obviously but he has yet to prove that he's actually a fighter.
not to the extent coker has been doing. its usually done in a more subtle way. that looked embarassing, but if you disagree, fine...

Elvis Sinosic is a classic jobber.
Ed Herman

Sinosic is the correct answer. 1-6 in the UFC, with losses to Tito Ortiz, Evan Tanner, Babalu, Forrest Griffin, and Michael Bisping.

He's the Brooklyn Brawler of the UFC.

What you said has nothing to do with what im saying.

Bellator clearly wants him to win. No matter how much experience he has or what....

Whenever coker gets asked about this event he wont stop talking about Pico. Thats it.
Everyone else in this thread trying to make this as a skill vs skill thing like im saying pico is much better than him, when its just about what the promotion wants the outcome to be...

tbh i never seen any of the two fighting, so this isnt about who is better at all. Just how bellator presented the situation.

Damn sherdog....

Oh if Pico loses you might have Coker's first Dana putting a belt on Cain while almost crying face. I think your wording just gives the impression that Freeman sucks when a 90% of fans were probably thinking Pico would have an easier first fight to showcase his skills by crushing a can, similar to how they are treating the fab 5 wrestlers or MVP.

Sinosic is the correct answer. 1-6 in the UFC, with losses to Tito Ortiz, Evan Tanner, Babalu, Forrest Griffin, and Michael Bisping.

He's the Brooklyn Brawler of the UFC.

Good lord... How did he get all of those tough opponents?

Oh if Pico loses you might have Coker's first Dana putting a belt on Cain while almost crying face. I think your wording just gives the impression that Freeman sucks when a 90% of fans were probably thinking Pico would have an easier first fight to showcase his skills by crushing a can, similar to how they are treating the fab 5 wrestlers or MVP.
allright allright...

lots of people treating me like i wrote the title as an affirmative when it was only a question!

I asked if he was the worst case and people provided me a bunch of examples that are much worse.

And thats cool.... so my question has been answered. "NO" :) case closed

I guess i have exaggerated a bit indeed. lol

Bob Sapp. They hire him overseas just to get their guys over.

Kenneth Allen

39 "professional" fights ---> only 1 win
Been finished 35 times, 6 KO/TKOs and submitted 29 times.
Of his 35 losses by finish, 33 were in the first round (the other 2 were early in the second).
damn... i might have to look into that

TS is exaggerating.

Pico is 20 years old with zero MMA fights. He is deservedly hyped as a prospect as others have pointed out.

Do you think he should be thrown in there with Frankie Fucking Edgar?
That's "Plan B"

Kenneth Allen

Of his 35 losses by finish, 33 were in the first round (the other 2 were early in the second).

I hope he saved those 15 dollars he made for these fights..

TS is exaggerating.

Pico is 20 years old with zero MMA fights. He is deservedly hyped as a prospect as others have pointed out.

Do you think he should be thrown in there with Frankie Fucking Edgar?

Actually Zack Freeman is a stiff first test, look at MVP, Northcutt, Ed Ruth, Nasukawa etc first fights as top billed prospects. Freeman is 8-2, he's a fairly big and fit Lightweight, he's fought a few guys like Jake Lindsey that were in the UFC, I think Freeman is from RFA or LFA? Usually a guy like Pico gets a Mickey Gall type 1-0 random like they tried to give CM Punk. (Of course that can backfire but Gall was an 0-0 fighter they brought in for Punk to beat, he was no prospect)

CM Punk was brought in to lose to Mickey Gall

I remember when former meth head Rebecca Ruth splattered one of the cute Russians that Bellator was trying to open flyweight with; this is how Rich Chou rolls.

The greatest Rich Chou creation ever is of course "The Gravedigger" Chad Griggs.

Excluding fixed fights obviously.

Anyone whos seen the press conference yesterday knows what im talking about.

That looked incredibly embarrasing on bellators part IMO. Mitrione could barelty contain himself.

I felt the ultimate cringe and sorry for the guy. He is apparently grateful for the opportunity though.

Is this the most blatant attempt to make another fighter look good ever?
No, not at all. Freeman is a legit fighter and they did not ant to feed Pico a scrub so they gave him a legit fighter. UFC tho, they would feed Pico a Mike Jackson type fighter.

Word is Pico competes with Khabib, KO'd Thompson (that is why he pulled out vs Chandler) and that he is a a monster in sparring. The problem may be tho that he just needs time, to get over the big stage nerves, etc. He did land a clean shot on Zack and rocked him, almost resulting in a double KO, but the veteran knew to get to the right spots sooner.

Kenneth Allen

I feel kinda sorry for the guy who he has a win over.
Imagine being the only guy ever to lose to Kenneth

No, not at all. Freeman is a legit fighter and they did not ant to feed Pico a scrub so they gave him a legit fighter. UFC tho, they would feed Pico a Mike Jackson type fighter.

Word is Pico competes with Khabib, KO'd Thompson (that is why he pulled out vs Chandler) and that he is a a monster in sparring. The problem may be tho that he just needs time, to get over the big stage nerves, etc. He did land a clean shot on Zack and rocked him, almost resulting in a double KO, but the veteran knew to get to the right spots sooner.
zach wasn't rocked at all, pico punch looked as slow as cm punk, zach ate it like it was nothing

Back