Has anyone been brought in to lose more than Zack Freeman in MMA?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Excluding fixed fights obviously.

Anyone whos seen the press conference yesterday knows what im talking about.

That looked incredibly embarrasing on bellators part IMO. Mitrione could barelty contain himself.

I felt the ultimate cringe and sorry for the guy. He is apparently grateful for the opportunity though.

Is this the most blatant attempt to make another fighter look good ever?

The guy has only two losses.. at the same time i don't know him... what am i missing?

Explain pls. Didn't want the press conferance.

Elvis Sinosic is a classic jobber.
Ed Herman

The guy has only two losses.. at the same time i don't know him... what am i missing?
Its not about his record.

Just the way the whole thing was presented. Like coker opening the press conference talking everything about how pico is the future, completely disregarding his opponent.

Then the guy brings up the fact he is the only fighter on the card that has a day job, and that he sells drapes or something like that.
Bringing up the fact he has no team or time to train....

Meanwhile on the other side there is aaron getting praise left and right.

I mean, damn, if Pico loses this, its not going to look good.

@cevo <PlusJuan>

Its not about his record.

Just the way the whole thing was presented. Like coker opening the press conference talking everything about how pico is the future, completely disregarding his opponent.

Then the guy brings up the fact he is the only fighter on the card that has a day job, and that he sells drapes or something like that.
Bringing up the fact he has no team or time to train....

Meanwhile on the other side there is aaron getting praise left and right.

I mean, damn, if Pico loses this, its not going to look good.

@cevo <PlusJuan>

Ah ok my bad, but pardon me for not following MMA that close lately, what are Pico's credentials since he is a 0-0-0 fighter according to Sherdog?

I mean they obviously would rather Pico win for sure. But I expected his first fight to he against someone way worse than Freeman.

If i'm sticking with Bellator i'd say Anthony Taylor was picked to ensure gallagher got a win more than any other I can remember as of recent.

Cued to the worst part of it all:

They actually applauded him for that, people love underdogs that they can relate with. Just an ordinary guy. He's also 8-2 facing someone who hasn't even had an MMA-fight yet so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

They actually applauded him for that, people love underdogs that they can relate with. Just an ordinary guy. He's also 8-2 facing someone who hasn't even had an MMA-fight yet so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Yep I thought Freeman stole the press conference to be honest.

Ah ok my bad, but pardon me for not following MMA that close lately, what are Pico's credentials since he is a 0-0-0 fighter according to Sherdog?

He was the first American to win a cadet world championship in freestyle wrestling, he went to the Olympic trials at 19 and didn't make it but was offered to be paid similar to how Cejudo was straight out of highschool to stay and train at the Olympic center and compete in 2020 almost certainly. Pico was also a top ranked amateur boxer in the juniors nationally, check out his footage he has really good hands and has way better credentials than a McGregor or Garbrandt in amateur boxing at a higher level. On top of this Pico has competed in Pankration which is from what I understand kind of like Sambo, he was a world champion in that also.

Pico has given up the 2020 Olympics, he's given up a NCAA division 1 career where he'd have easily won national championships, he gave up a college education all because he's certain he will be a MMA and Boxing champion. Think what you will but that does send quite a message.

What you said has nothing to do with what im saying.

Bellator clearly wants him to win. No matter how much experience he has or what....

Whenever coker gets asked about this event he wont stop talking about Pico. Thats it.
Everyone else in this thread trying to make this as a skill vs skill thing like im saying pico is much better than him, when its just about what the promotion wants the outcome to be...

tbh i never seen any of the two fighting, so this isnt about who is better at all. Just how bellator presented the situation.

Damn sherdog....

He was the first American to win a cadet world championship in freestyle wrestling, he went to the Olympic trials at 19 and didn't make it but was offered to be paid similar to how Cejudo was straight out of highschool to stay and train at the Olympic center and compete in 2020 almost certainly. Pico was also a top ranked amateur boxer in the juniors nationally, check out his footage he has really good hands and has way better credentials than a McGregor or Garbrandt in amateur boxing at a higher level. On top of this Pico has competed in Pankration which is from what I understand kind of like Sambo, he was a world champion in that also.

Pico has given up the 2020 Olympics, he's given up a NCAA division 1 career where he'd have easily won national championships, he gave up a college education all because he's certain he will be a MMA and Boxing champion. Think what you will but that does send quite a message.

Thanks and yes that is an awesome story :)

TS is exaggerating.

Pico is 20 years old with zero MMA fights. He is deservedly hyped as a prospect as others have pointed out.

Do you think he should be thrown in there with Frankie Fucking Edgar?

Back