Has anyone actually used BJJ in a real/street fight ?

So from what I'm gathering here is BJJ is best for 1v1.
Before I trained, I got into a traffic altercation with a guy on a motorbike with his girl. The guy was mental, threatening to bash my head although he was the one who cut my lane. Now, BJJ is good for me vs. him, what about the girl, when you start ground and pound and the girl became mental and soccer kicked you in the head?

There is no great martial art or fighting skill for 1 vs multiple....this is how every dumb karate video starts

Jesus man why are you getting in so many fights? I agree about a lot of what you said.

Main reason bjj appeals to me is because I just don't want to punch. I'm not built for it. I'm regularly outsized by the average guy, and like you said it's a legal nightmare and you can easily knock someone down his head hurts concrete and he's dead and your in prison for life. No way.

But at the same time most people don't have same problem hitting me. And that's what I'm worried of. I could he a bjj black belt and become a white belt the second a punch grazes me in a real fight because I never experienced that rolling at my gym.

Plus like you said bjj is useless in a group fight or very crowded spaces like bars etc.

I don't know.... mma including striking just isn't for me. And I do need to practice take downs literally every day if I stick with bjj including against much bigger guys.

Really need to make a decision. Thank you for the very helpful response
You training for self-defense aspect of it, rather than competition, ts?

You training for self-defense aspect of it, rather than competition, ts?

To he honest, yes. Not sure if I'll ever compete in sport BJJ but who knows. Right now I want to be able to hold my own in a street fight

I've used it in small doses. I enjoy the nightlift , and I used to bounce so there were always little moments. I boxed for a couple years as well, and it's also served me well. I remember there was a huge brawl because some dude snuffed the bouncer. Bouncer totally deserved it, but wrong doesn't matter when it comes to staff. I'm 21, a late blue at the time, and AMPED to fckin finally test my bjj out. So theres a huge melee; I mean like 15 guys just brawling. I some how get toppled into the couch by the push of bodies. There's some fat dude on top of me , I'm freaking FCK OUT!!!. I actually pull a switch and leave him face first in the couch while I start pushing through the crowd. I was just shucking people off so easily. There was no space to throw a punch so it was just underhooks and duck unders. I felt so powerful in that moment, throwing elbows and headbutts. Was able to get to the fringes and start FCKIN SHIT UP.

Mind you, this is a hood club, I'm black......

I also really got into neckcranking people from everywhere. I'd pull one person from the back and would one arm neckcrank in the direction I wanted em to head. Had so many people scream ," YOUR BREAKING MY NECK," Let me tell you something, mothafckas act right when they feel that spine quake.

I'm a dirty piece of shit when it comes to physical confrontation. To make me get into something you have to be looking for it. My motto is to finish it before it even starts. Headbutts during lip smacking are your FRIENDS. Finish it and GO HOME. Don't wait, don't talk , just WALK away.

I've used it in small doses. I enjoy the nightlift , and I used to bounce so there were always little moments. I boxed for a couple years as well, and it's also served me well. I remember there was a huge brawl because some dude snuffed the bouncer. Bouncer totally deserved it, but wrong doesn't matter when it comes to staff. I'm 21, a late blue at the time, and AMPED to fckin finally test my bjj out. So theres a huge melee; I mean like 15 guys just brawling. I some how get toppled into the couch by the push of bodies. There's some fat dude on top of me , I'm freaking FCK OUT!!!. I actually pull a switch and leave him face first in the couch while I start pushing through the crowd. I was just shucking people off so easily. There was no space to throw a punch so it was just underhooks and duck unders. I felt so powerful in that moment, throwing elbows and headbutts. Was able to get to the fringes and start FCKIN SHIT UP.

Mind you, this is a hood club, I'm black......

I also really got into neckcranking people from everywhere. I'd pull one person from the back and would one arm neckcrank in the direction I wanted em to head. Had so many people scream ," YOUR BREAKING MY NECK," Let me tell you something, mothafckas act right when they feel that spine quake.

I'm a dirty piece of shit when it comes to physical confrontation. To make me get into something you have to be looking for it. My motto is to finish it before it even starts. Headbutts during lip smacking are your FRIENDS. Finish it and GO HOME. Don't wait, don't talk , just WALK away.

Mothafckas act right when they feel that spine quake.

lol this should be on a tshirt

if you have to defend yourself, rnc or heelhook

You are better learning boxing for self defence, secondly wrestling, however BJJ will allow you to defeat people with minimal skill and is also necessary for the full picture.

wonder how much Rener charges per month to train directly under him?

at Union Team BJJ, 8th Degree BJJ Master Ricardo Murgel trains REAL brazilian jiu jitsu to defend yourself on the streets, as well as sport-oriented jiu jitsu for world class competitors. The difference is that on the street, eye gauging, groin strikes, and improvised weapons are allowed ;)

www.unionteambjj.com

About twice as a teenager. Wasn't really trained per se but had a little grappling experience.
A local- gangster rapper in Idaho(haha) bullied a bunch of smaller teens like me at the time(5'6 150ish). He was 6'0 probably 220lbs. Maybe more but he was chunky not buff.

He asked me if I banged and I replied "Only Girls" while laughing. He didn't find it funny. He squared up with me.
I kind of backed away and said "You're way bigger than me."
He replied "size don't matter."

I punched first to try and catch him coming in and got hit with his right hand. Stumbled back and as he came in I shot for a double.
I ended up ducking under and taking his back standing.
I elevated him and put him down. Landed some good punches and choke him unconscious with a RNC.
It was pretty euphoric as I was pretty sure I was gonna lose.

I also had an amateur mma fight as a teen and won via RNC. Had a 5 second ko too.

Edit:

My grappling is way better now.
This fight is almost 7 years old and that street fight is almost 8 years old.

EDit again:
My striking is also a lot better now.

have you fought since ?

have you fought since ?

I've fought after that a few times after that but haven't fought in like 5-6 years. I'm technically a white belt in BJJ and gonna start working on ranking up in Gi BJJ now.

Here's the quick KO I mentioned before.

Back