Has anybody tried Roger Gracie TV, his online learning platform?

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'd assume it has relatively few techniques as of now since it's pretty new. But I'd like to know how his teaching is, as great fighter does not equal great (online) teacher.

I'd assume it has relatively few techniques as of now since it's pretty new. But I'd like to know how his teaching is, as great fighter does not equal great (online) teacher.

Some of the videos are really good and show some unique stuff or details. Some of the just show some standard move and aren't that useful.

Does he explain well? (often it's the very basic technique well explained that makes the difference)

I've never seen his videos but he is a really great teacher in person. Very patient and detailed in his explanations.

Does he explain well? (often it's the very basic technique well explained that makes the difference)
Everything is understandable. For a lot of techniques he mentions when you should be doing them so for some old moves I once assumed where obsolete crap there is a very specific timing and opponents reaction.

I was thinking about trying out a month. Is there some decent coverage of sparring? I was so disappointed from that verse in the Mendes Bros site..

I was thinking about trying out a month. Is there some decent coverage of sparring? I was so disappointed from that verse in the Mendes Bros site..

There are sparring sessions. A large part is positional sparring. Some are also with tough opponents. There are a couple where Roger gets tapped or dominated.

I've subscribed for a couple months now. I really like yhe site. He shows almost all basic techniques but he shows great details. I really like his instruction.

Theres some very good position training and sparring on there too, he's struggling in some of the sessions too, he doesn't just show a highlight reel.

Quality is about on par with the big sites (mgiA, Mendes) but the content is not yet

Still like MGiA more

Back