Has anybody noticed Max Holloways personality changes?

Im not asking you to believe me, I been a member here since 2007 and Im very well known with good standing by those whose opinions matter lol so believe what you want
giphy.gif

I also think he's degrading fight by fight. I like Max and hope he's going to be ok, but clearly something is wrong with him

all these max fans getting butthurt at the suggestion of something that is hardly beyond the realms of possibility: A veteran mma fighter who gets punched for a living who has recently had some health issues rumoured to be related to his profession might have CTE??? IMPOSSIBLE. Some of you lot need to man up and see things rationally instead of what you want to believe is true.

You need experience in fighting to understand Max's mindset before and during fightweek and weightcutting, not experience in mental illness.
You cannot possibly come close to understanding it, unless you have experience in fighting yourself.
The last few weeks before a fight is an emotional rollercoasterride like nothing else and that has nothing to do with mental illness.

Its what my familyy member suffered and it can change a persons personality. Its sad.

Look at Max at the presser with Khabib....and then see him at the presser with Ortega.

Two different people
The only way to diagnose CTE is with an autopsy. But tell us more about your living family members with CTE, doctor.

"290: Significant strikes landed by Holloway, a single fight UFC record. Holloway landed 290 of 490 attempts, a 59 percent success rate. Ortega, meanwhile, landed 110 of 292 significant strikes, a 37 percent clip."
giphy.gif
<{outtahere}>

You been trolled sherbro, he was trolling ts and caught you.
<Dany07>

The only way to diagnose CTE is with an autopsy. But tell us more about your living family members with CTE, doctor.
<PlusJuan>
True
But it is fair to say there could be a very good chance people like Bisping, Cowboy, Jason Witten (cowboys te) Ray Lewis(Ravens Linebacker) Mike Tyson, Nate Marquardt, Brenden Shuab, and countless others who have been knocked out and or concussed multiple times early and often are most likely suffering from CTE or will suffer from it. Some signs and symptoms will also point towards CTE. Depression and mood swings are indicators in most cases and suicide rates among confirmed cte diagnoses are through the roof.
Would it surprise you to find out any of the people on the above list have CTE?
I would be surprised if they didn't.

You’re not you when you’re over trained and under satiated.

I am pretty sure the UFC doctors are better qualified than you op, no offence.

Well you just dont know what your looking at Beavis

What am i supposed to understand from that video? I already knew he went into depression and came back.In the fight week we saw the typical Max.Not depressed at all.My point still stands.

ALL ABOARD TO THE BLESSED EXPRESS, CHUUU CHUUUU!!!

This guy is a PhD in the mental illness field

Didnt say I was a a doctor for one....
Two, Dick...you are wrong, a "doctor" OR MD ...CAN diagnose you with anything they very well want to diagnose you with based on your symptoms. Its already documented that Ian Mccall has shown early signs of CTE and has gone through various treatments for those symptoms. That being said YOU are right that a definitive diagnosis of CTE can only be made after death YUP but signs of onset, it can be seen/symptomatic based on much available science you can find at your discretion.

If you really were up to par on the subject you’d likely know that small clips from embedded wouldn’t qualify as research of any kind. So at best you made some dinky observations

And what do you know of Max personally to even compare his personality changes too? You’re only familiar with a character hyping up fights not the real Max Holloway
Stopped after you used the word dinky.

I think it's confidence and getting older. He looked so sure he'd end the fight in the 4th after losing round 3, which I don't think I've ever seen, and he was jovial during this and after the fight. Confidence can make a dude more mellow.

I don't like the weight-cut gamble to 145 going forward (and IMO it's the reason for his mumbling) even though this time it went well. And even though he'd face the row at 155. He's almost 6-feet and has the skills and by the looks of it the strength to compete well there now, though. I'd prefer that over killing himself with the weight.

Back