Has a fighter ever not shown up? Did his/her opponent still get hand raised?

Fujita was good at taking beatings, to the point that the other guy almost died from administering said beating. I remember Shamrock was tuning him up before getting exhausted and Kens corner threw in the towel.

I don't remember the beating against Kerr being THAT bad, I mean it needed a good chin but I think in that case it was more really cardio and wrestling that helped get a lot of the job done. Ken was much more a case of chin taking freakish shots until "Petey my heart".

The strange thing with Fujita I'd say is that he got his best wins before he actually peaked, back in 2000 his striking was very limited indeed, by 03 he'd actually become a pretty dangerous brawler.

Oh boy, strap in.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull/

Beaten so hard he couldn't show up for his next fight, but still survived. He mentions what I posted earlier about the Kerr/Coleman fights.
I laughed out loud several times, i enjoyed that thoroughly, thank you sir.

I remember loving Wand and the fact that he was winning against Fujita, then i remember feeling bad when the final kick landed when he was on the ropes, i was glad they stopped it. That poor guy probably wishes on more than one occasion that he would just go unconscious.

Back