Has a fight ever been cancelled due to flue?

SwinnsAndFedes

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
It's human nature to catch a flue now and then. Has a fight ever been cancelled because a fighter caught a flue the day before a fight or on fight day? Don't recall it ever happened. I'm also high if you wonder why i'm thinking these things.

osp.gif

Didn't Tim Sylvia have the flu when he crapped himself?

Unless the fighters are chimneys, there's little to no chance they'd be suffering from a bad flue.

Nik Lentz. Lentz was sick with Flu, he was suppose to fight at UFC Fight Night against Levan Makashvili . had to be cancelled week of the fight.

Humans can't fly, you already know this.

Tank Abbott vs Gary Goodridge - scheduled way back at UFC19. Tank pulled out due to the flu. Big Daddy fought and beat last minute replacement, Andre Roberts.

I recall several occasions where that happened actually (been following MMA a loooong time), but can't remember what fights, sorry.

I remember when Fedor fought Mark Hunt in PrideFC, supposedly Fedor had the flu that week. That was the word around fight week anyway, and then he did show up looking like shit.

Didn't Roy Nelson blame a flu for his performance against Murr?

With 365 iv Ban in place. If you get the flu now, go to the doctor and they do common treatment. Your fight is cancelled.

i thought about that sometimes. Sometimes you just cant do it,if your that sick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back