Has a car alarm ever done anything aside from annoy the sh!t out of people?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
At the dog park somebodies car alarm has been going off for ten minutes. No one cares. It's loud and obnoxious to the point where people stay AWAY from it. If you were a thief you'd be better off setting it off then not.

It gets me to wish grievous ill on the owner of the car

It lets you know that somewhere a drunk guy walked into a car

It's too hard to distinguish them nowadays.

What they need to do is make customizable alarms like cell ringtones, so you know it's your car getting ripped off. Of course someone's beater blasting out Miley Cyrus at 3am is sure to get old fast...

Car alarm goes off...ten minutes later car is still there....what DO car alarms do?

Even if an alarm is full blast and someone is going through it, people probably just assume its the owner and they messed up somehow. Or even if it is being robbed most people arent likely to care or get involved.

I've probably accidentally set my alarm off a handful of times and no one has ever came up to me to make sure I'm the owner or anything

Nope. I’ve seen people completely ignore car alarms while thieves were breaking into cars right in front of them. That’s why I have LoJack.

Its fucking annoying faulty alarms hhhee! It triggers my autism bad!

You were alerted.

A thief doesn't fancy attention.

But, yes, they're also annoying.

Well if you're in an action movie, it's a good way of drawing out the bad guy for a sneaky sneak ambush.

Maybe in the beginning they helped, but 99.9% of people just ignore them and wish the noise would go away asap. My neighbor's alarm goes off occasionally from what I assume is his young son playing with his keys. It'll go on for a few minutes at a time until someone finally shuts it off. I'm not sure how the hell they can't hear it as it's blaring loud inside my house and I'm a lot farther away from it than they are.

Back