Harvard Scientists REVERSE Aging In Mice. People Next...

Awesome, starving poor Africans to hit 10 billion in less then 20 years.

It is inevitable that aging will be "solved" at some point. It's going to disrupt society as much as the emergence of AI, and we as a species are not mature enough to deal with either. Let us hope we navigate these waters carefully.

This somehow implies that other species are mature enough, or that not wanting to solve aging is "immature".

Honestly, at 36, I feel like I want no part in further progress.

I am also happy to belong to one of the last generations in the history of humanity who won't have to deal with genetic engineering.

This method should nearly directly apply to all life forms. That is amazing.

What isn't amazing is how only the wealthy like me will have it in the short term. Hahahaha. But I can't see why this wouldn't be cheap to make in the long run. Thankfully AI which is a much better improver than DNA will solve this problem for us by wiping us out and keeping a couple of us in a zoo.

I forget the exact number but testing that works on mice only is successful at human level trials around 1% of the time. Obviously it's still impressive and shows it is possible. I'm just skeptical we will see anything significant in our lifetimes with this other than HGH or stuff that just helps men fight the negative effects of old age.

I may be in the minority but I actually think life makes sense to be finite, especially if it prevents new lives from entering our world.

I have a sister who has her own lab and I am pretty sure that success rate is a lot higher then 1 percent of the time. I know because lab mice is big business. She just does not go to the local pet smart and by mice she gets them from labs that produce mice. These mice cost serious cash because they have specific traits to them. I think if researchers where achieving 1 percent success rate they would use other animal types for research. But about aging I would not get to excited already because there is a lot of issues tied to aging and from the looks of it they are more likely trying to market an anti aging pill. I don't know anything about the science but I do know eventually they will figure out something.

I have a sister who has her own lab and I am pretty sure that success rate is a lot higher then 1 percent of the time. I know because lab mice is big business. She just does not go to the local pet smart and by mice she gets them from labs that produce mice. These mice cost serious cash because they have specific traits to them. I think if researchers where achieving 1 percent success rate they would use other animal types for research. But about aging I would not get to excited already because there is a lot of issues tied to aging and from the looks of it they are more likely trying to market an anti aging pill. I don't know anything about the science but I do know eventually they will figure out something.

I got that point from a radio lab podcast and they didn't reference where they got it from so I can't really defend it much. Tried to google it and saw different things like 80% of successful trials with animals for disease fail with humans. That's just for disease though. Thing is, even if the chances are very low, it still makes sense why people do the research. That small percentage chance of the time you get success, it's a very profitable and sometimes major scientific breakthrough. I mean this example alone in the thread is worth it. Let's say it is 1%. You easily will get investment in a project with a 1% chance at reversing age in humans. That is almost priceless.

500 years? thats a long ass time to go without being hit by a car or all the other day to day shit that kills people.

Besides Sherdog is so corrosive to human life just by posting here I think I lost like 15 years

There was something in the news the other day about some sort of special astaxanthin (red pigment in seafood) that stimulates some youth gene. This is different from this doo hickey.

Medical science is evil.
There's lots of us. We don't really need anymore ways to extend life, or make people healthier.

anti-aging.jpg

Well the hype machine has started. London based brokerage has taken control of the Boston based company. Novartis did the original breakthrough research on it but decided to spin it off and hand over control to the London based brokerage house. They formed a new company dedicated towards the development of the drug.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603997/is-this-the-anti-aging-pill-weve-all-been-waiting-for/

Last edited:
Back