Harvard Scientists REVERSE Aging In Mice. People Next...

I wonder how many likes I'll have after shitposting on Sherdog for 500 years.
never mind 500, just think about how much the world changed in 100 years. We went from the birth of radio to the entirety of human knowledge accessible to us anywhere with a swipe of our fingertips. I can't even comprehend what the world will be like in 2100.

500 years? thats a long ass time to go without being hit by a car or all the other day to day shit that kills people.
I'm sure in 500 years from now I would have already transferred my consciousness to a transgender japanese anime fembot. Should help with my like count tremendously.

<{1-69}>

never mind 500, just think about how much the world changed in 100 years. We went from the birth of radio to the entirety of human knowledge accessible to us anywhere with a swipe of our fingertips. I can't even comprehend what the world will be like in 2100.
I wish I could live to see it. I'm guessing you could have knowledge downloaded directly into your brain by then like in the Matrix. I remember seeing a TED talk where they had the guy who help start TED talk, gps, touch screens, and predicted digital currency etc make a prediction of the future and he was talking about being able to swallow a pill and learn a new language from it or something. Crazy stuff.

That's how it normally is. Something undergoes test trials on mice and then if it works there they move to doing test trials on people.
I'm thinking NO, more like cloning where they clone all kinds of animals first

I honestly think I'd go insane with boredom if I had to live just two life times.

Say 160 + years on this fucking planet within this society?

Fuck no.

"...and they’re ready to test it in people." Where do I sign up??

dont worry, all the cool shit won't be available until our generation is dead. The real cutting edge of medical research is in neurology- mapping our brains to directly manipulate emotions, thoughts and sensations. The implications are mindblowing.
Ridding the world of psychiatrists among them!

I honestly think I'd go insane with boredom if I had to live just two life times.

Say 160 + years on this fucking planet within this society?

Fuck no.
Lol! Only the richest AND stupidest people would take it!

You can travel to new worlds. Go from one end of the universe to the other.

Now if only they can bring the dead back to life. To a completely normal person before they passed away.

Also, anti-aging along with genetic manipulation will only be available to the wealthy. It will create a divide between classes that is even greater than mere capital. So I don't see it as a matter of generational acceptance, but a privilige exclusive to the elite. And religion will be a nonfactor.

That is some conspiracy illuminate BS. Which medical advancement ever has only been for the wealthy?

Do only wealthy people get vaccines?
Do only wealthy people heart or liver transplant?
Do only wealthy people get cancer treatment?

Awesome. I want to be young n hung forever.

This is good news Mr Palis, although there are other anti-aging methods that are more interesting they are mired in lore and fiction. This seems promising to maintain the tight flesh...

That is some conspiracy illuminate BS. Which medical advancement ever has only been for the wealthy?

Do only wealthy people get vaccines?
Do only wealthy people heart or liver transplant?
Do only wealthy people get cancer treatment?
have you read about the current research in this field? Numerous biomedical startups have been funded with cash from the likes of Thiel and other SV investors for the sole purpose of extending their lives. Do you think insurance will cover experimental procedures? It will be a lifetime until any of this trickles down to the peasants.

Do you think the poor can afford hair transplants, stem cells or HGH therapy?

have you read about the current research in this field? Numerous biomedical startups have been funded with cash from the likes of Thiel and other SV investors for the sole purpose of extending their lives. Do you think insurance will cover experimental procedures? It will be a lifetime until any of this trickles down to the peasants.

Do you think the poor can afford hair transplants, stem cells or HGH therapy?

But its normal that it takes some time to get more affordable. The first heart transplant was what 50 years ago?
And that is covert by your insurance today. Same with bone marrow transplants.

Or look at the first successful AIDS medication that was only affordable for rich people first.
Today it's cheap and also covered by your insurance.

Why should this stuff be any difference than any other medical advancement in history?

It is inevitable that aging will be "solved" at some point. It's going to disrupt society as much as the emergence of AI, and we as a species are not mature enough to deal with either. Let us hope we navigate these waters carefully.

I am going to break everyone's heart here. Your body wears down....specifically your cartilage and shit.

This is good news Mr Palis, although there are other anti-aging methods that are more interesting they are mired in lore and fiction. This seems promising to maintain the tight flesh...
I've heard... I've heard... it's always tantalized me. I have never fully delved into it... I did enjoy the life force of sharing ones plasma with a former partner of mine many moons ago. It's possible it's enhanced my longevity by a few decades...

mums 89 and loving it. unfortunately my sister used to be a man but she's a woman nowadays

TxgjhJl.gif

Back