Hardrock 100

Bunk Moreland

They shot my moms crown off
Banned
Reaction score
Im just throwing this up here now. The Hardrock 100 is this weekend in Colorado. There was a little interest in the Western States 100 mile Endurance Run thread last month so I decided to create one about this epic race.

Quick overview:
One hundred mile run with 33,050 feet of climb and 33,050 feet of descent for a total elevation change of 66,100 feet with an average elevation of 11,186 feet - low point 7,680 feet (Ouray) and high point 14,048 feet (Handies Peak).

Key notes: Defending Champ Kilian Jornet will not be running this year. The race is limited to 145 runners. Starts and ends in Silverton Colorado.

I’ll update over the next few days on favorites to win.

Good rundown of the noteworthy runners in the race:
https://www.irunfar.com/2018/07/2018-hardrock-100-preview.html/amp

Last edited:
I wanted to dualsport around Ouray this year, but then broke my hip on a bloody bicycle.

ImogenePass040.jpg

What notable Americans are racing hard Rock this year? Anyone with a Chance?

Scenery Looks Bitchin:
2014-Hardrock-100-Darcy-Africa.jpg

Billy Yang usually Makes pretty decent Vids on these events, here's one for Hard Rock

@bushman505

I think Xavier Thevenard is the favorite to win it. I think Troy Howard, Scott mills and Jeff browning will do well. Iron Mike Wardian can be counted out either.

There have been some big names that withdrew like Mike Foote and Adam Campbell.

As far a women I have no fucking idea. There are not many in the field.

Billy Yang makes some great shit. Jamil Coury makes good movies too. He recorded almost all his Hardrock last year. I believe it’s still up on his YouTube channel Run Steep Get High.

lol...my buddy did Alpe d'Huez with fully loaded travel bags...head strong hippie...

With current gearing and a compact crank you can pretty much get up anything. I assume your buddy was cranking 34X36 or some shit like that. BTW Ventoux is MUCH tougher than Alpe d'Huez.

pfft, running.
knees are shot, I can barely run to the bathroom or the fridge.
thank god I can still cycle though.

With current gearing and a compact crank you can pretty much get up anything. I assume your buddy was cranking 34X36 or some shit like that. BTW Ventoux is MUCH tougher than Alpe d'Huez.
it was in the 90's...so his packs and bike weighed at least 2/3rd of his body weight...he did all the major climbs in France that the Tour has done (including Ventoux)...like I said he was a head strong hippie...

Im just throwing this up here now. The Hardrock 100 is this weekend in Colorado. There was a little interest in the Western States 100 mile Endurance Run thread last month so I decided to create one about this epic race.

Quick overview:
One hundred mile run with 33,050 feet of climb and 33,050 feet of descent for a total elevation change of 66,100 feet with an average elevation of 11,186 feet - low point 7,680 feet (Ouray) and high point 14,048 feet (Handies Peak).

Key notes: Defending Champ Kilian Jornet will not be running this year. The race is limited to 145 runners. Starts and ends in Silverton Colorado.

I’ll update over the next few days on favorites to win.

Good rundown of the noteworthy runners in the race:
https://www.irunfar.com/2018/07/2018-hardrock-100-preview.html/amp
I opened that link and I saw that Bono was in the race...man he has aged well...

it was in the 90's...so his packs and bike weighed at least 2/3rd of his body weight...he did all the major climbs in France that the Tour has done (including Ventoux)...like I said he was a head strong hippie...

Those randonneur types baffle me. I've run into these crazy strong guys in their forties and I'm thinking, "these fuckers can go 35k/h for 250k,

I have a friend/associate doing badwater. If i were ever to do a 100 miler or more it would have to be something like western states. The altittude at hardrock would ruin me. I think badwater is more about handling the heat as much as it is a footrace.

I remember in the 90s racing downhill mtn bike in the Western States Police and Fire Games.
I got gold in San Jose and Bronze in Tahoe.
recently I was at Northstar looking at properties there and checked out some of the DH course.
do..not..want..
made my bones ache just thinking about it

Back