Who first coined MMA terms: H-Bomb, Lay-n-pray, BJJ, Ground-n-pound, wall-walk, etc?

What no love for Goldie and his "slip n rip"?

I could be wrong but I think Jeff Blatnick was the one to officially call this sport "Mixed Martial Arts."

I think Blatnick was also the first to say "Ground and Pound." It was real early. Like one of Severn or Coleman's first few fights.

Blatnick was the man

If I'm not mistaken, the Machado's gave Eddie the nickname "Twister"... because he used that move and they had never seen it before (it's called the "Guillotine" in wrestling).

I think ya gotta credit the Machado's... Rigan or Jean Jacques.
Cool, I stand corrected.

"GROUND AND POUND" was DEFINITELY Richard Hamilton.

of this i am certain.

ARGUMENT:

written verbatim on the team dry-erase board, it was the name of a drill in every practice, that began standing-td-gnp (light headbutts included in headgear)

It's right in the first sentence of the OP....
So that future generations will know who came up with the phrase wall n stall first?

Lol why does this matter?

Mike Goldberg keeps trying to make "Slip n Rip" a thing. Reminds me of

latest

Mixed-martial arts

Credited to: Howard Rosenberg, writer....................
First coined: Nov 15, 1993 - Los Angeles Times.....
Source/Reference --
L.A. Times -- "Yet a curious thing happened after the first two contests. Instead of merely gory and funny, the "Ultimate Fighting Championship" began getting interesting.

St. Louis cruiserweight boxer Art Jimmerson didn't get to throw even one punch before giving up. He was swiftly taken down and dispatched with a chokehold by jujitsu master Royce Gracie, whose family is synonymous with the sport in their native Brazil, where mixed-martial arts championships like this one are commonplace.

In the battle of 220-pound strongmen that followed, Lockeford, Calif., shootfighter Ken Shamrock looked invincible in getting tae kwon do battler Pat Smith of Denver to submit to a painful ankle twist, setting up an intriguing semifinal with the much-lighter Gracie..." (http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-15/entertainment/ca-57200_1_ultimate-fighting-championship)​

there will always be a dispute over who originated the term mixed martial arts. sure, blume might have been the first to put it into print, but even he admits he might have heard the phrase before-

"For his part however, Rosenberg can’t recall what inspired his choice of words back in 1993. “I did indeed write about it in my capacity as a TV critic,” says the now-retired Rosenberg. “But to be honest, I can’t recall if I coined the term or found it in another piece somewhere. So if any MMA fans out there were to ask me how it feels to name the sport, I honestly can’t tell you because I truly don’t know if I did it.”

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/whats-in-a-name-who-coined-the-term-mma-first

the above article goes on to suggest an alternative source (bold mine):

With due consideration, there is perhaps one candidate that stands out above all others—the aforementioned John Perretti.

I coined the word Schaubenfreude, for the joy of seeing Schaub getting knocked out.

Apparently the term was applied to some quarterback playing for the Houston Texans, but as far as I can gather my Sherdog post predates any search results on Google, so I claim it.

I could be wrong but I think Jeff Blatnick was the one to officially call this sport "Mixed Martial Arts."

I think Blatnick was also the first to say "Ground and Pound." It was real early. Like one of Severn or Coleman's first few fights.

Blatnick was the man
Does it pre-date Nov 15, 1993?

The Los Angeles Times documented the term "Mixed Martial Arts" Nov 15, 1993.

I´m pretty sure the term "tomato can" was coined is this forums around 2000-2002 when PRIDE set up lots of fights involving a big name against a rookie or a fighter with obvious less skills, thus things like "Wanderlei crushed that tomato can Matsui...", now the term is shortened to "can"
The term "Tomato Can" is an old boxing term that goes back many decades

I copyrighted Colby huggington. It will be huge once people see him fight his normal boring ass style

Back