hard to doubt the strength of chinese mma right now

It is good that UFC is starting to focus on the growing Chinese market by putting on cards in their time zone. Lets face it. USA is dying and their economy will be over taken by China soon. But, as everyone on Sherdog says; "A bit of competition is good for everybody". So, I suspect the silent majority on here is glad for the changing landscape.

China-%E4%B9%A0%E8%BF%91%E5%B9%B3-Donald-Trump-VIVISXN-MEDIA-China-is-nowhere-near-being-a-superpower-VIVISXN-GEOPOLITICS-Global-Affairs-Sino-US-Relations-PRC.gif

casuals... Talking like there a big fan. Hate when guessing boy like u say "they only fight in Asian fight cards" like wtf? U realize they usually fight against non Asians? Lol.

Sorry if I'm not a big fan of 30 fighters per division...I realize they didn't fight Asians, it's still an Asian card because it's whole point was to pump up Asian fighters.

Sorry if I'm not a big fan of 30 fighters per division...I realize they didn't fight Asians, it's still an Asian card because it's whole point was to pump up Asian fighters.
But do actually no who those Chinese fighters fought against? This subject is about the Chinese fighters btw. Do u no Viviane peirea ?? Bunch of people expected her to win against that Chinese girl. Do U no Felipe arentes? Dudes legit and hasn't been finished before until that 20 yr old Chinese fighter koed him. Josh Emmett couldn't finish arentes! u just doubt these Chinese fighters because u don't no their opponents and just assume they was there just to be a favorible match up for the Chinese fighters. Can't be a casual but write shit like u no a lot.

song yadong moved to 2-0 in the ufc with a KO win over ufc vet arantes, establishing himself as a legit contender at 135

song kenan moved to 2-0 in the ufc

yan xionan moved to 2-0 with a dominant win over viviane pereira.

Armenian MMA > Chinese MMA with like 1% of population size

not impressed

Chinese athletes have government sponsored PEDs, just like the Russian athletes do.

All top athletes are on PEDs, the difference will be the genetics.
not really advanced peds like the Americans though. When it's a level playing field then we will see better athletes from the chinese.

Yeah, MMA is growing very fast in China. UFC will go there once again this year, probably to Beijing.
Hope they sign Jingnan Xiong, Meixuan Zhang, Zhenhong Lu and Sai Wang for that card.

Yadong Song is only 20 years old and totally destroyed a brazilian vet very experienced. Looked as promising as any other prospect in the sport.

I welcome our new chinese overlords.

I can't wait for a badass kung fu champ in UFC.

Oh STFU. Take your jingo bullshit elsewhere. No one once said "Chinese MMA >>> USA". You're turning it into something it's not.

Dude.. You are replying to a guy that could not even manage to spell Bellator correctly.

Doubt it. Li jingliang can probably knock Gunnar Nelson up. Wouldn't be a easy fight for both men tho.

No dude. I am pretty sure its impossible to get Gunnar pregnant..

Yeah, MMA is growing very fast in China. UFC will go there once again this year, probably to Beijing.
Hope they sign Jingnan Xiong, Meixuan Zhang, Zhenhong Lu and Sai Wang for that card.

Yadong Song is only 20 years old and totally destroyed a brazilian vet very experienced. Looked as promising as any other prospect in the sport.
Li kai wen.

Bro, when xiaonan yan fought against that Brazilian Viviane, that fight wasn't matched up for xiaonan at all. She was the fuckin underdog and Viviane only lost was against Taitina Suarez. Yadong song fought against a Brazilian whose a fuckin good fighter himself and never been finished before. Josh Emmett couldn't finish him. I guarantee you your a causal and havnt even seen the fights that happened in Singapore. U probably just went to wiki for the results.

Hardly a casual and watched all those fights, will even be watching DWTNCS tomorrow night, as I have the last 2 Tuesdays. Xiaonan Yan wasn't much of an underdog, I bet on her and won, even Stillman (Sherdog) picked her and most media picks go with bookie favourites (I think it was like +130 I got her. Nothing you said even suggests "The strength of Chinese MMA now", it is a few fighters at the start of their UFC career, I never said Chinese MMA is Trash, just think that statement is overstating it and even needs a bit of work to get to the levels of South Korean MMA (Though with the Korean Zombies Military break and then injuries it has been hit a bit - Really want to see him back).

Slow your roll when guaranteeing people are casuals just cause they disagree with you, makes you sound stupid.

it only took China 25 years to dominate weightlifting
ybGoX2uFKdnM5ShG7uxBFWHkJzG05FpJS-7hPkavEX8.jpg

If MMA was an Olympic sport, they'd probably take it over in about the same time. Very few people in China are even aware of this sport or care so the pool is tiny.

That doesn't really argue against the post you replied too. USA doesn't do as well in Weightlifting since it has always had a preference for Powerlifting at the amateur/grass roots level.
China Isn't particularly doing well there, where US and Europe still dominate and of course are non existent in Strongman. Also believe Chinese athletes get a bit more cover and protection from testing training at home, funny Russia being second on that list, hey (Another Country that was protecting its athletes).

Btw Irish/UK and very indifferent to the US in any international sports, apart from Ryder Cup when actively cheering against them (For Europe).

Hardly a casual and watched all those fights, will even be watching DWTNCS tomorrow night, as I have the last 2 Tuesdays. Xiaonan Yan wasn't much of an underdog, I bet on her and won, even Stillman (Sherdog) picked her and most media picks go with bookie favourites (I think it was like +130 I got her. Nothing you said even suggests "The strength of Chinese MMA now", it is a few fighters at the start of their UFC career, I never said Chinese MMA is Trash, just think that statement is overstating it and even needs a bit of work to get to the levels of South Korean MMA (Though with the Korean Zombies Military break and then injuries it has been hit a bit - Really want to see him back).

Slow your roll when guaranteeing people are casuals just cause they disagree with you, makes you sound stupid.
It's just funny seeing people get salty when a Asian fucks up a non Asian lol. Idk y they get salty. Not saying u r but... Just sayin.

It's just funny seeing people get salty when a Asian fucks up a non Asian lol. Idk y they get salty. Not saying u r but... Just sayin.

I can see that and definitely isn't me. Been a fan of Chan Sung Jung for years and was hoping more of the Koreans would take it forward (hasn't really happened) also hoping UFC keeps growing in China, is definitely up and coming but just don't think it is even close to being that strong yet, especially considering what it can be.

UFC is being quite smart and selective with the Chinese fighters they have signed, and hopefully we start seeing them in more US cards and bigger events.

Back