hard to doubt the strength of chinese mma right now

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
song yadong moved to 2-0 in the ufc with a KO win over ufc vet arantes, establishing himself as a legit contender at 135

song kenan moved to 2-0 in the ufc

yan xionan moved to 2-0 with a dominant win over viviane pereira.

They had a good showing on the china card with gastelum bisping

All three of the above fighters fought on that card and won

Yeah hopefully more guys over there start training etc it is a huge Diverse pool of genetics and people. And is for the most part un-taped for MMA.

stopped reading at 135

Not trying to be a downer but I think it’s pretty easy to deny it. Notice how all of them are fighting almost exclusively on cards in Asia? You’re looking with an incredibly selective eye. The ufc marketing is doing its job though I guess

Yeah hopefully more guys over there start training etc it is a huge Diverse pool of genetics and people. And is for the most part un-taped for MMA.
Yeah, Chinese genetics are much more diverse than the Japanese and other Asian countries, owing to Mongolia and Hun conquests, and all the cross breeding from the Silk Road. They are just much more beefy and robust than other Asians, not to mention they have crazy work ethics, and there are more Chinese than almost all the white people in the world.

Yeah, Chinese genetics are much more diverse than the Japanese and other Asian countries, owing to Mongolia and Hun conquests, and all the cross breeding from the Silk Road. They are just much more beefy and robust than other Asians, not to mention they have crazy work ethics, and there are more Chinese than almost all the white people in the world.

Yeah I agree.

Not trying to be a downer but I think it’s pretty easy to deny it. Notice how all of them are fighting almost exclusively on cards in Asia? You’re looking with an incredibly selective eye. The ufc marketing is doing its job though I guess

Considering how young the scene in china is absolutely not.

Both guys are decent prospects and exciting fighters. Not bad all things considered.

And whaaaaat Asians fighting on Asian cards......

It is almost like having Brasilians fight in Brasil etc

Where are the Chinese champs then lol
They will be coming. MMA is still incredibly taboo in China and looked down on still. I'm married to a Chinese girl and have been there many times - no one knows what it is, and the only person .I found over there that knew what it was had lived in Japan for a few years.

Sure they are, just like Brazilians win all their fights. Still, ten years ago, there were not even three MMA fighters in China, and tonight, three Chinese fighters won on a UFC card. It is hard to do that with the Japanese, even in Japan now a days.

Sure they are, just like Brazilians win all their fights. Still, ten years ago, there were not even three MMA fighters in China, and tonight, three Chinese fighters won on a UFC card. It is hard to do that with the Japanese, even in Japan now a days.
Sure that’s proof that they’re growing in mma. TS is making it sound like China is an mma powerhouse though which couldn’t be further from the truth

Btw there are like 4 Japanese fighter on the card tonight and I know a few have won

Sure that’s proof that they’re growing in mma. TS is making it sound like China is an mma powerhouse though which couldn’t be further from the truth
They aren't yet but they will get there if it gets popular. I am really surprised they are even having this success so far owing to how young it is in China and the lack of training available. I thought all the Chinese fighters that were brought in to the UFC would get smoked, ala Charlie Ward style, but many are surprisingly competent, very athletic and really skillful.

Even 100k people village Iceland got more top 20 guys

Bruce Lee shit, i am boxing 0-1

If a 135 lbs Chinese man doesn't get you pumped for MMA, nothing well.

Back