Hard Sparring Videos

Those guys are crazy in Holland, I never knew the whole of the gym spars like that lol. I can only imagine how Manhoef sparred...

Makes you wonder which type of sparring is most beneficial to a fighter...
Long term: lighter power more and frequent sparring

At the end of the day it depends on the person, everyone's different, some folks need rough, hard type sparring to progress. Most though, will do well with your standard thai-style sparring of 30-50% power. No point imo to have a shitty exibition bout as a spar, save that for the actual event.

Makes you wonder which type of sparring is most beneficial to a fighter...

I think light sparring gets misunderstood sometimes. It's like people think it doesn't hurt. If you get hit light sparring you're still going to feel it and it's not going to be all that pleasant to get kid clean, it's just you're not concussing one another.

I've sparred fairly lightly and been caught with shots that have left me with bloody lips, a sore liver and stuff like that, it's not that we were going super hard, it's just you're still making contact y'know.

I think light sparring is better because light sparring you could in theory spar every day and not suffer any major injuries or do any real damage. I think hard sparring can be valuable but I'm not sure as to whether it should be done when preparing for a fight or not, I've not experienced that side of training.

The good news for Thais is they'll fight 11+ times a year sometimes, which means they fight so frequently that they never need to hard spar to get that ring experience, and thats also probably why they don't hard spar, because it's not so much "fight camp" time as much as it is "train all year round, fights could come up at any minute"

Those guys are crazy in Holland, I never knew the whole of the gym spars like that lol. I can only imagine how Manhoef sparred...

That's Mike's gym for you :)
At least it makes for entertaining fighters who bring it on, fight hard and go for the finish.

I love how the Wanderlei Silva session starts of completely reasonable and then just gets retarded.
When I first saw how controlled they were in the beginning, I thought it took place in some parallel universe, then after he switched gears:

67415639.jpg

If you're gonna spar that hard its way safer to do it inside the ring. Way less chance of injury and you get tired way quicker which means slower, less powerful punch and kicks.

When I first saw how controlled they were in the beginning, I thought it took place in some parallel universe, then after he switched gears:

67415639.jpg
Well I think the axe kick had something to do with it.

Well I think the axe kick had something to do with it.
Wanderlei is being super chill while the other guy throws a hard head kick, tries to trip Wanderlei, fails a double kick and then proceeds to throw an AXE kick as well. Notice how immediately after that guy goes for a trip Wandlei dumps him on his ass in the next scene. He was basically trying to show off for the camera and make a name in sparring off a legend

Wanderlei is being super chill while the other guy throws a hard head kick, tries to trip Wanderlei, fails a double kick and then proceeds to throw an AXE kick as well. Notice how immediately after that guy goes for a trip Wandlei dumps him on his ass in the next scene. He was basically trying to show off for the camera and make a name in sparring off a legend
You should work with Rener doing the next Gracie Breakdown

Back