Happy New Year Everyone!

Happy New Year!

Have a Muay Thai, celebrate.
imag0302.jpg

2017 marked a landmark year for this forum...

NO TROLLS!

Pretty minimal conflict as well.

Happy new year everybody. Please all of you send me good vibrations so my knee heals from a nasty injury. that's the only thing I want from the new year.

Cheers!

what happened to your knee?

Twisted it playing soccer and injured the kneecap/patella. I was very active so it fucks me up being sidelined just nursing the fuckin' thing in the gym for months paying mad money for it.

Also it's the second time I had the same injury and Doc said if I twist it again it's automatic surgery. PS: I never got injured training muay thai.

Twisted it playing soccer and injured the kneecap/patella. I was very active so it fucks me up being sidelined just nursing the fuckin' thing in the gym for months paying mad money for it.

Also it's the second time I had the same injury and Doc said if I twist it again it's automatic surgery. PS: I never got injured training muay thai.

I think it's a sign you should just stick to MT and nothing else :)

Ya I went years without any serious injury while training then had my worst injury as I spun my foot sideways moving a damn water heater :mad:

lol! I've been jokingly saying ever since the injury that "soccer is too dangerous. too violent. I'll stick to muay thai" and I'm obviously being facetious but there is some truth to it.

if you're not being stupid in training and not doing hard sparring all the time then it is relatively safe. we're kicking each other in the head but at the same time we're seeing the attacks coming and we know how to defend against them. if you're well trained you're moving like a little machine not doing any spontaneous movements while in most team sports you can get tackled from behind and always have to make crazy turns to get to the ball.

Happy new year kickboxing/ muay thai fans!

Belated Happy NY!

I have a feeling 2018 is shaping up to be one of the best years in kickboxing in a while!