Happy for John Lineker

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Don Cruz vs Lineker in the works for ufc 233.
I couldn’t believe he went from fighting TJ Dillashaw to mid level fighters like Brian Kelleher and Marlon Vera(no disrespect to them) because he couldn’t find an opponent.

Now he gets to fight an opponent on his level and we can see if he improved his wrestling since the TJ fight. (Granted Cruz shows up)
Hoping Cruz doesn’t win the 30-27 decision I am predicting

i just cant see him tagging cruz but i am happy he gets a high profile fight

he is not on cruz' level unless dom has lost a few steps

Cruz should win a decision.

It would not shock me if age and injuries finally catch up to him and he's slowed enough to get cracked repeatedly by a bruiser and pressure fighting like Lineker.

I'm still picking Dom but I think Lineker is a live dog. Dom only has four fights in the last seven years.

PrxiLfw.gif

Lol “on his level”, this made me laugh considering Lineker got absolutely destroyed by TJ while Dom beat TJ (barely), but he was significantly more competitive against TJ.

I see Lineker trying to time punches with full intent of eating Dom's punches. Honestly, that could easily work for Lineker knowing how wild Dom swings.

It would not shock me if age and injuries finally catch up to him and he's slowed enough to get cracked repeatedly by a bruiser and pressure fighting like Lineker.

I'm still picking Dom but I think Lineker is a live dog. Dom only has four fights in the last seven years.
This. I'm also willing to bet Lineker is hungrier and more focused on this fight than Cruz is..

Don't count out John, is all I'm saying..

Lol “on his level”, this made me laugh considering Lineker got absolutely destroyed by TJ while Dom beat TJ (barely), but he was significantly more competitive against TJ.
What I meant by on the level was in terms of rankings

Ok, he might have been treated as some kind of gatekeeper while he deserved a shot at someone ranked higher than him, but Kelleher and Vera are both very good and closer to him than he is to the top bantamweights imo. It will show against Cruz.

Gonna be a career ending KO. Hopefully.
John will walk right through that stupid dance session and land Francis style

i'd like Lineker to win, but in his fight with Dodson and TJ he looked dumbfounded by anyone who can move laterally.

I see Lineker trying to time punches with full intent of eating Dom's punches. Honestly, that could easily work for Lineker knowing how wild Dom swings.
Freaking weird too. Dom is such a genius with strategy and footwork, yet never really learned how to throw a proper punch.

Cruz is too evasive and has an iron chin. Even if Lineker catches him, Cruz will pop right back up and keep doing what he's doing. It will look like the Jorgenson fight.

i'd like Lineker to win, but in his fight with Dodson and TJ he looked dumbfounded by anyone who can move laterally.
I agree. Lineker looked lost against TJ. His style of loading up and being able to be taken down is taylor made for the Dom 2-step. Unfortunately, i'll have Dom 30-27. Maybe Lineker can land a haymaker. Wouldn't that be fun? I just don't see it happening though.

Back