Hannah Gadsby has a message for all the men who think her “comedy” special was unfunny

“Nanette is a stand-up comedy act written and performed by Australian comedian Hannah Gadsby, which debuted in 2017. The work includes social commentary, especially about LGBTQ issues. In June 2018, Netflix released a video of Gadsby's performance of the work at the Sydney Opera House. Gadsby's live performances and the video have received critical praise. Achieving a 100% approval score on Rotten Tomatoes“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanette_(show)

It's ironic. Controversies like this end up giving the person a lot more exposure, so it's a blessing in disguise if anything.

Hell, I didn't know who Taylor Swift was until the Kanye fiasco.
Rogan talked about her a few times on his cast.

It's ironic. Controversies like this end up giving the person a lot more exposure, so it's a blessing in disguise if anything.

Hell, I didn't know who Taylor Swift was until the Kanye fiasco.
very true.

and same here.

Oh', that broad.

Saw the trailer on Netflix. Guess she's some notable Aussie comedian who figured her self deprecating humor was becoming taboo, and decided to turn her show into a sensitivity training seminar for morons to lap up. Good on her for preying on the stupid, who will never figure out that she did this to capitalize on the culture that rewards hypocrisy and phony sentimentality.

Not for me in the slightest. Same with that dude doing stand up in front of no audience.

I mean do you but I don't think it's comedy. I heard Nanette was really powerful, and her response is pretty good. The "in a funny way" is a good poke at what they're saying about her.

Alt comedy is always fucking weird though.

the trailer for this came on one time on my Netflix while I was busy

immediate 'No' from me. Once you get past like Segura's wife, Schlesinger and maybe Ali Wong I gotta be honest I don't find female standup funny like in the slightest.

“Nanette is a stand-up comedy act written and performed by Australian comedian Hannah Gadsby, which debuted in 2017. The work includes social commentary, especially about LGBTQ issues. In June 2018, Netflix released a video of Gadsby's performance of the work at the Sydney Opera House. Gadsby's live performances and the video have received critical praise. Achieving a 100% approval score on Rotten Tomatoes“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanette_(show)

This looks more like a self help or life coaching show

the trailer for this came on one time on my Netflix while I was busy

immediate 'No' from me. Once you get past like Segura's wife, Schlesinger and maybe Ali Wong I gotta be honest I don't find female standup funny like in the slightest.

Mentioned this in the Norm thread but Maria Bramford is pretty good

Mentioned this in the Norm thread but Maria Bramford is pretty good
have never heard of her, i'll check her out tho

I'm more than willing to be proven wrong on this
My ex wife was a big fan of Whitney Cummings, which i'm not, but that is how I found out about D'elia as he was on her sitcom

Not for me in the slightest. Same with that dude doing stand up in front of no audience.

I mean do you but I don't think it's comedy. I heard Nanette was really powerful, and her response is pretty good. The "in a funny way" is a good poke at what they're saying about her.

Alt comedy is always fucking weird though.

I don't appreciate it. I am more of the observational comedy camp.

exactly.

literally never heard of her.

one of her tweets:

"I'd never heard of this Norm McDonald bloke because I didn't want to make a comment about him. I don't like him though."

WTF?

I'm pretty sure that's just making a joke a Norm McDonald's expense. He had an interview where he said essentially the same thing about her comedy special, she's making light of how ridiculous his statement was.

I never saw her special, doesn't seem like
I'm the audience for it. A bunch of joyless self identifications are probably more comfortable with the one woman show than traditional comedy, so it's a good route for someone who can attract that audience to take than a standard standup routine.

Back