Hand wraps

SinisterOne

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sorry if the thread has been created before, but I have a couple of questions regarding handwraps.
Okay so what do you think is the best type of wraps to use? elastic mexican styles or full cotton ones? What length?
What is the best wraps for training and for real matches?
I´ve also seen a couple of guys in my gym starting wrap loop on their middle finger first and not thumb, why?
Is it always necessary to wrap inbetween all of your fingers, because some of my wraps aren´t that long and I run out of them if I do that with those.
Which is better; Wrap more around knuckles or wrist?

Sorry if the thread has been created before, but I have a couple of questions regarding handwraps.
Okay so what do you think is the best type of wraps to use? elastic mexican styles or full cotton ones? What length?
What is the best wraps for training and for real matches?
I´ve also seen a couple of guys in my gym starting wrap loop on their middle finger first and not thumb, why?
Is it always necessary to wrap inbetween all of your fingers, because some of my wraps aren´t that long and I run out of them if I do that with those.
Which is better; Wrap more around knuckles or wrist?
Elastic. 180in or longer.
For real matches you get your hands wrapped with gauze and approved by the promoter.
I've not seen middle finger but you can bunch up wrap over your knuckles to start the wrap.
You are using wraps that are too short.
It's preference. Although I wrap my wrists, I don't feel that the wrap is what gives wrist stability. That is achieved from training and a bit from my glove.

Mexican for me, all the way.

I start on the thumb. Most do.

Wrap between all your fingers.

I like Ringside's 200" pro mexican wraps.

The black color, which provides 17% stretch.

The red and blue colors only provide 6% stretch; which I really do not like and is why I rated them low before learning that there are different stretch levels between the colors.

The black is much better.

Got a 10-pack for $37 (before shipping) when they had a 50% off one item discount.

RingToCage and RevGear make great mexican handwraps, reliable and low priced. Check em out

Quoting a post I did a few minutes ago:

I have used Ringside, Everlast, Meister and a ton of other local handwraps...

Top King elastic is by far the best. I guess they are 4 meters. Fairtex is my second choice.

Some people don't care, some people love some and hate others... some people like cotton, some people elastic... I would try and find a brand you like.​

For Muay Thai use 180"or 4.5-5m
Stretch elastic is what most people prefer as with non stretch it's difficult to wrap hands correctly so your hands either too tight or too loose.

We recently released one of the best hand wraps on the market. We do it because we have a lot lot of connections with the factories and we save money on marking and put the money saved toward to quality of the gear.

I've added some screen shots below too. =)

Best Regards

Attachments

• IMG_4150 copy.jpg
    IMG_4150 copy.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4151 copy.jpg
    IMG_4151 copy.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 18
I was a huge fan of the fairtex, ringside, and rev gear elastic wraps. Till I got a pair of the pro box ones. Turns out more expensive doesn't mean better..the pro box equipment ones are awesome. Much better fit than my ringside heritage ones or mexican style wraps from other brands.

I have a pair of 4m Venum Hand Wraps which I really like but they are a bit too short, I got some 5m sabas but don't like them as they are far too thick anyone know of anything like the Venum but longer?

I've been through more wraps than I can count and am always trying new ones.

My favorites in use are Winning VL-B which are rayon and light and gauzy. Huge pain in the ass to roll up after washing, but worth it. I like to use them with the NG-2s since I am a pretty heavy puncher and like the added knuckle protection (using Winning gloves or Fairtex BGV9s)

Most of the ones you get from Ringside or wherever are basically the same. The Hayabusa ones are slightly wider which I don't like. The Fairtex ones are very elastic but heavier than the Winnings.

As for wrapping with non-Winning wraps, I do a different method than many others in my Muay Thai gym:

1) Spread your fingers our and wrap around your fingers starting at the thumb strap 4-5 times.

2) Slide it off and lay the thick pad over your knuckles. Trap the edge of it with your thumb to hold it in place.

3) 3-4 loops over it to hold it in place.

4) Go down to the wrist, get the thumb twice looping around.

5) Between the fingers, twisting to the outside to bring back over the top.

6) Wrap remainder up the wrist.

GIves you a nice bit of muscle protection and keeps your palms open for clinch mobility.

how long are the Winning VL-B do you need to tape them?

I hear these have been pretty popular lately:

https://boxraw.com/collections/wraps

Apparently they give a very soft feel.

If they are anything like a pair of Cleto Reyes wraps I had back in 2009 (which might be discontinued atm); then I'd rate then highly.

It had that soft feel along with being very stretchable and durable.

i love my ringside wraps.

how long are the Winning VL-B do you need to tape them?

No tape, they have velcro and a thumb loop. They are just long and kind of lightweight feeling.

I'll need to try out the Boxraw ones.

I was sort of thinking about buying some neoprene and testing that out as a wrap materials.

Does anyone know what those wraps are called that have the foam stick that goes just under your knuckles?

Just started using Combat Corners 200' wraps. I love them, made of great material and elastic enough, gives me great protection while hitting pads and such. Combat Corner has great items, check them out if you have not.

Back