Halloween (Jamie Lee Curtis Returning; October 19, 2018 Release Date)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Adamant, Jun 15, 2015.

1. MMouse

MMouse Yellow Card Yellow Card

Makes men fkkin cringe and all the merrier why ill be rooting for mike in this one

2. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT Yellow Card

I wouldn't say he's a 100% supernatural being, like Freddy. I'd describe him as a man with something else going on behind the scenes. The something else being something supernatural. Not to the level of Paranormal Activity, but just....something.

Even going by quotes from Loomis in the first film, it's clear he's more than just some guy, or some guy with retard strength. I think "preternatural" is the most accurate description I can think of.

TehJesus and bandicoot like this.
  3. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

John Carpenter described Michael as "The Shape" and a force of nature like the wind. He's the incarnation of evil if evil was an element. The ending of Halloween with all of the different scenes and the sound of him breathing was meant to show that he/evil is everywhere.

Unfortunately, all of the sequels outside of 2 discarded this and tried to further explain the character which ruined him. He just ended up being a big unkillable zombie in a mask. The less you know about Michael the better.

4. MMouse

MMouse Yellow Card Yellow Card

Was there an explaination to why he doesnt die, super strong, and now barely ages?

5. armbarforhire

armbarforhire Brown Belt

Retard/maniac strenght :D.

Now you can add old man strenght.

6. Adamant

H4 kept this aspect. Sure, he was way more unstoppable there (which I liked) but things didn't start getting funky until H5.

He ages normally throughout the series, so that isn't an issue. (In this new film he's in his 60's) As for his nigh-unkillableness and relative super strength....the only film that really hits it straight on the nose is H6. In that one, they say that when he was a child he was inflicted by a cult with the magic of an evil rune which made it so he was practically unkillable. (It sounds cheesy when you say it out loud, but the movie itself was pretty damn spooky).

Or you could go with Rob Zombie's explanation..... abusive white trash grungy childhood that somehow involves a horse.

(I'll take H6's explanation. It's creepier and more fun)

MMouse and bandicoot like this.
  7. Ikuza

Ikuza Brown Belt

I wish they would have continued with H20 timeline, but it'll probably be good. Michael's obsession with JLC doesn't make a lot of sense without the added backstory though. Hopefully the movie does a better job of fleshing out that particular wrinkle.

Edit: Also someone being famous for that long for 3-4 murders seems odd.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    the ambush and TehJesus like this.
  8. AndersonsFoot

AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

Yeah but I think how he went about it is what would keep people intrigued for so long. Escaped a mental institution, wore a mask, was pursued by his psychiatrist throughout the night, hadn’t spoken since he was a kid.

Also, it’s mentioned in the trailer that he murderered 3 people iirc, but he murdered the tow truck driver as well I’m pretty sure. We just didn’t see it.

9. fonzob1

fonzob1 Red Belt

Maybe not. How many people did Charles Manson kill? Like 6?

10. Darth_Inv1ctu5

Darth_Inv1ctu5 I will shit on everything you love

Yo she was soliddddd in her prime man... Right kind of thiccness in the front wheel drive department hrrrrrr

11. the ambush

the ambush Black Belt

[​IMG]

The Curse of Michael Myers

I liked the look here in dark lighting the Shape had an eerie ghost face to it.

[​IMG]

Resurrection

The look of the Shape here was not too bad yet I am forgiving the visible eyes when up-close.

I am not excited about the new movie and think it will suck. I also felt the trailer was unimpressive. The mask they chose for Michael was awful

12. TKing

TKing Brown Belt

The HR version sucked because they overly exaggerated everything about the mask, the lines, the shadowy parts, the eye brows, they tried hard to make it look evil. Plus they had the actor wear black around his eyes. The movement of Myers was also off, shouldve just went the copy cat route of they wanted to do the web cam thing so bad.

13. the ambush

the ambush Black Belt

I thought the Resurrection masked appeared fine under the correct lighting but yes the visible eyes thing was an obvious mistake. At least it resembled Michael.

I can’t get over how bad this new mask is though. It is like me going to the local party store and purchasing a mask myself, I don’t like the rugged texture or the forehead.

14. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

Well that's what Michael did

Realism brah

15. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

Manson killed 0 people

16. Ikuza

Ikuza Brown Belt

But he had a cult, was “friends” with Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys (iirc) and killed a celebrity.

17. AndersonsFoot

AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

Which is probably why he's so infamous. Michael killed 3-4 unknown people in a small town.

Ikuza likes this.
  18. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Still got it...

[​IMG]

19. Darth_Inv1ctu5

Darth_Inv1ctu5 I will shit on everything you love

Not even gonna pretend I wouldn't smash senseless mmmmm
    <BirdieOwn>

20. Adamant

I agree. Based on the blank that Michael was, I don't see how anyone could leave that kind of impression on the public after only a few murders. Now, with HII and so on, of course he builds up his mythos. But just the one night in H1, 40 years ago...... seems like something that would be easily forgotten.

As for H20, yeah, I wish this turned out to be a secret sequel to H20, complete with Josh Hartnett and Michelle Williams cameo and everything. Would be great.

I think in the new trailer he says "We're here to investigate a patient that killed three innocent teenagers on Halloween in 1978" of which when the truck driver was killed it was either the night before or the morning of Halloween, so maybe that's a big enough time span for the guy to differentiate? Also, perhaps the police were never able to prove it was Myers who killed the truck driver. Possibly because it took place 100+ miles outside of Haddonfield (as Smith's Grove is 150 miles away). However, you'd think they'd put 2 & 2 together, so I'm not really sure why they'd ignore him. Unless there's another line we haven't heard yet that they snipped out of the trailer.

Question for everybody..... would you rather smash Laurie's Daughter, or Laurie's Granddaughter?

AndersonsFoot likes this.