Halloween (Jamie Lee Curtis Returning; October 19, 2018 Release Date) | Page 28

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Adamant, Jun 16, 2015.

1. TKing Brown Belt

TKing
    I like the write ups and the stories being brought up in this thread. I think the story itself will end up being alot more basic than we expect, I'm just wondering if they keep it open or if this is a one off type deal.

If they ever wanted to do random side stories for a movie or as a subplot they could easily grab from the comics, some of those were more on the creepy side.

2. Adamant GOLD BELT

Adamant
    The guy who wrote most of the Halloween comics seemed to do a pretty good job and understand Michael really well. It's a shame he was never tapped to try his had at a theatrical screenplay.

irish_thug likes this.
  3. TKing Brown Belt

TKing
    Some of the more basic stories were the ones I liked the most, the guy obsessed with seeing Michael Myers and then he finally sees him and dies. I feel like alot of the directors put too much into Myers, he was scariest when he had very little to him.

4. Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Senzo Tanaka
    I have high hopes from what I’ve read but I think Hollywood will fuck with it. They’ll say it isn’t scary enough, isn’t slick looking or doesn’t have enough jump scares.

Michael is simply a force of nature that will not stop. He should always be in the shadows of out of focus. You should never see him clearly and the first film does that so well.

The new writers seem to want to go in that direction and not make him a monster but I just don’t think they’ll get away with it without studio fuckery.

5. AshiharaFan Purple Belt

AshiharaFan
    Yeah, I'm kind of a weirdo when it comes to things like that. I'm not too concerned with it being true or false since I find it somewhat fascinating either way.

6. AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

AndersonsFoot
    Just watched a video explaining the odd colored mask from Halloween 4.

[​IMG]

Never really heard an explanation before. Apparently they brought in pink masks with white hair to the set on the first day of shooting, the makeup technician had to paint them white and brown. The scene with the weird mask happened because it was a late shoot and somebody grabbed one of the unaltered pink and white masks instead of the white and brown, everyone was too tired to catch the mix-up.

That's how it was explained by the makeup technician. I can't believe someone didn't catch that.

DM1982 likes this.
  7. MacGregor Orange Belt

MacGregor
    Saw original in theaters. More style than substance but with great music it worked, imo.

8. Adamant GOLD BELT

Adamant
    John Carpenter Confirms He’ll Score ‘Halloween’ 2018!

With the highly anticipated new Halloween movie to be executive produced by John Carpenter and arriving in theaters in October 2018, about to begin filming, we now have confirmation of a key element of the film that was a hopeful possibility since it was first announced last year, as Carpenter himself recently stated that he will in fact perform the new score.

In a new interview promoting next week’s release of his Anthology Movie: Themes album of re-recorded classics, when asked about the extent of his involvement with the new Halloween film, John Carpenter tells Billboard, “I am an executive producer and it looks clear to me that I’ve made a deal to do the music.”

When asked if he will be updating the original music or creating something entirely new, Carpenter answered,“There are many options. I’ll be consulting with the director to see what he feels. I could create a new score, we could update the old score and amplify it, or we could combine those two things. I’ll have to see the movie to see what it requires.”

9. AshiharaFan Purple Belt

AshiharaFan
    I know it's just a movie and the characters in the movie have to be stupid in order for the movie to take place but if Laura Strode came to realize that Michael is going to show up somewhere every Halloween to try to body her shouldn't she just take a trip overseas from Oct. 29 til Nov. 1st or 2nd? <Moves>

10. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' New Theme Version of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN

dawnignited, dabrian and ObsoleteSoul like this.
  11. Adamant GOLD BELT

Adamant
    I always wondered why she moved to California in H20 instead of Hawaii

12. Capt Lunatic Green Belt

Capt Lunatic
    Well it's literally only been a story since 2016. It's not real, it's a ripoff fanfic. The story ends with the government covering up the murders and taking the kid to a "secret mental institution" where he escapes and becomes America's first supernatural serial killer, still going strong to this day BTW.

KnightTemplar likes this.
  13. AshiharaFan Purple Belt

AshiharaFan
    Yeah, but he should be like in his 70s or some shit now. I'm sure I can take him.

14. AshiharaFan Purple Belt

AshiharaFan
    That's still too close for my comfort. It's not far enough. I'd take my ass to Egypt or China until Nov. 2nd. Even though John Carpenter's MM might still find a way but at least I should be able to elude RZ's MM this way.
    <{1-69}>

15. Adamant GOLD BELT

Adamant
    lol, I think Hawaii would be ok. If not there, then maybe Australia, or Guam. Basically somewhere that's surrounded by hundreds of miles of ocean on all sides. He could still theoretically get there, but it'd make it 1000x harder.

16. Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Senzo Tanaka
    One thing I just thought about...

Michael Meyers should be 60'ish in this movie. Isn't that going to be a little weird? Hopefully they keep the tone of the first film. Just a lot of standing around, stalking and minimal action.

17. dabrian Orange Belt

dabrian
    Would be pretty badass if he had a butcher knife in one hand and a cane in the other.

AshiharaFan and TheRuthlessOne like this.
  18. Adamant GOLD BELT

Adamant
    It'll be interesting to see how they tackle this, especially with them saying they want to make Michael less supernatural. (Not that he was particularly supernatural to begin with. Maybe slightly in terms of not being able to be to killed, and with how silent and sleathy he was, but otherwise he was never out and out supernatural)

19. Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Senzo Tanaka
    If people do the math, I could see tons of memes and sites making fun of grandpa Michael Myers. Could be tricky for the guys making the movie.

Carpenter described Michael as evil as if it was an element like wind and fire. He's always around and cannot be stopped. That said, he's human and nothing supernatural really happens until the very end and even that could be questionable which is perfect.

As long as they stay true to that idea in the new one, I'm happy.

20. The Diplomat Silver Belt

The Diplomat
    Funny, they've done that a few times now. Halloween II was supposed to be the last one, with Dr. Loomis dying along side Michael. Then Halloween 4 came along and retconned that, Loomis is fine, and they added Jamie Lloyd as Laurie's daughter. Then H2O came along as a direct sequel to II and completely ignored 4, 5 and 6. Now they're doing it again.

Nobody is ever happy with this series, filmmakers included.