Halloween (Jamie Lee Curtis Returning; October 19, 2018 Release Date)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Adamant, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Adamant GOLD BELT

Adamant
    And thank God it's not following the Godawful abomination Rob Zombie films.

[​IMG]

He's back...

John Carpenter will return to the Halloween franchise to executive produce a new big screen feature!

The Blumhouse Productions offices in Los Angeles were host tonight to a special surprise announcement, revealing that a new Halloween movie is in the works! Partnering with Trancas International, Miramax and Blumhouse will co-finance the new feature, which has already attached a key talent that should delight horror movie fans everywhere. John Carpenter, the legendary director behind the original Halloween, will return to the franchise as executive producer! Trancas’ Malek Akkad will also produce alongside Jason Blum.

“38 years after the original Halloween,” says John Carpenter, “I’m going to help to try to make the 10th sequel the scariest of them all.”

Although he’s not yet officially attached to do so, Jason Blum made it clear at the announcement event that the hope is to see John Carpenter also return to score the new Halloween.

“Trancas International is thrilled to be teaming up with Miramax on ‘Halloween,’ one of the most enduring horror franchises in film,” adds Malek Akkad. “We are also very excited to be working with Jason Blum and the whole team at Blumhouse. Together, along with the return of legendary filmmaker John Carpenter, we are eager to make a film that will be a milestone in the franchise’s legacy and that will excite the fans, young and old.”

“Malek Akkad’s legacy with the ‘Halloween’ franchise accompanied by Blumhouse’s unprecedented talent in the horror genre lays the foundation of a formidable team to create the next chapter of this iconic fan favorite,” says Zanne Devine, Miramax’s EVP Film & Television. “Having John Carpenter godfather the reboot of the iconic franchise he helped create brings it full circle. We couldn’t be in better company bringing ‘Halloween’ back to the big screen.”

“‘Halloween’ is one of those milestone films that inspired everyone at our company to get into the world of scary movies,” says Jason Blum. “The great Malek Akkad and John Carpenter have a special place in the hearts of all genre fans and we are so excited that Miramax brought us together. We cannot wait to find and collaborate with the right filmmaker to give ‘Halloween’ fans the movie they deserve.”

The Halloween film franchise that was started in part by Carpenter and Moustapha Akkad in 1978 has spawned ten films generating a total of nearly $400 million in worldwide box office.

Miramax, which holds worldwide distribution rights, will determine its theatrical distribution partner at a future date. David Thwaites will oversee the reboot for Miramax with Carpenter and the companies planning to immediately go out to filmmakers and fast-track the project. Although no release date has officially been locked, it was revealed at the announcement event that a Halloween 2017 release is quite likely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    I'd rather have it follow Rob Zombie's godawful Halloween films, than the fucking horrible Halloween Resurrection.

RandyTrevor, irish_thug and RTL like this.
  3. Breakitdown LAKES are BACK

Breakitdown
    The 1st zombie halloween was great what the hell

4. speakhandsforme Black Belt

speakhandsforme
    I'll temper my expectation after that sellout garbage fest that was Rob Zombie's Halloween. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th installments in the original series were all respectable thrillers, but the last several have been abysmal.

CerebralKnievel likes this.
  5. speakhandsforme Black Belt

speakhandsforme
    The appeal of Myers was the plain, ghostly, non-human nature of the character. Zombie made him into a white trash hillbilly Jeffrey Dahmer wannabe.

6. AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

AndersonsFoot
    Didn't mind Zombie's films, but I'd rather him not be back for Returns. I like every Halloween move just because i love the Michael Myers character so much. Hopefully this one isn't abysmal.

saugeye killah likes this.
  7. pinoy ninja Silver Belt

pinoy ninja
    meh..

would rather see them turn halloween into an anthology series like was originally intended. I have no interest in seeing anymore of michael myers.

BEER likes this.
  8. chokeyou Derp de doo

chokeyou
    Fucking awesome!

fonzob1 likes this.
  9. clashnat Double Yellow Card

clashnat
    Resurrection was still better than the Rob Zombie films that I wasn't even able to watch for 20 minutes.

I didn't like the comedy elements too much in relation to Busta Rhymes, who had no business being in the film besides that.

10. Taco Loco 12:97:24:99

Taco Loco
    Skipped the minor spoiler part but damn! Hell yeah! Love Myers. But I speak for myself, I loved The Zombies take on his first, the second... what? Okay its okay.

Can't wait!

11. mushishi A is a, a is a, should I save her?

mushishi
    The only Halloween film I liked was the one with Jamie Curtis's tits.

12. Joe :l

Joe
    no rob zombie? thank god! fucking had it with his white trash characters and their moronic dialogue. which is why i cant watch his movies.

Badger67 likes this.
  13. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark

JudoThrowFiasco
    Loved the Rob Zombie versions- the back story was done well and Myers was extra vicious. He didnt stab people he the beat the shit out of them with a butcher knife.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    EJRMAN513 and scorpipede like this.
  14. christhakingpin Its all in the game

christhakingpin
    the article says it will follow part 2

15. AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

AndersonsFoot
    I just hope this is decent. It's already one of my most anticipated movies, can't get enough of Halloween and a new one coming to theaters always gets me pumped.

CerebralKnievel likes this.
  16. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    So..... it's an alternate storyline.

Like the recent Star Wars and other remakes.

17. RollSonnenRoll I ain't never had too much fun

RollSonnenRoll
    It had it's moments. Michael's back story was done extremely well and the hospital scene to start part 2 was amazing. Michael's relentless stabbing and screaming while he killed the nurse was brutal. If a slasher film was real life then that is what it would look/sound like. There's also an overhead shot of a huge field with not a person around for miles and yet Michael is just aimlessly walking in the middle of it. It's so quick but I loved how it showed what he was doing when it's not Halloween night. However, turning the whole thing into a white trash fest and casting THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE as Zombie always does really soured me on the whole thing. I hate what he did to Dr. Loomis as well.

EJRMAN513, Badger67 and usfbrah like this.
  18. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    Keep the horrible comedy out of my horror.

And no. As inconsistent in quality as Zombie's Halloween flicks were, they were far better than Resurrection.

19. LogicalInsanity Gold Belt

LogicalInsanity
    don't know why...all of the Michael Myers film sucked...just plain sucked...

shitty motive, shitty death scenes, shitty acting...just a shit series all around.

20. AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

AndersonsFoot
    1 and 2 are phenomenal, most of the others aren't bad.

I wonder if Loomis will be in Returns? doesn't sound like it so far, if he is then they need to make him more like Donald Pleasence' version.