Half-Life 2 is still one of the best Single-Player FPSs ever.

I still remember puking my guts out due to motion sickness playing the boat level when the game first dropped in 2004. Ah, those were the days.

I remember thinking I must have had food poisoning or some shit. It wasn't until a few months later valve acknowledged the problem and provided a work around by telling people how adjust the refresh rates on their monitors. Then I thought back and realized that's what happened to me.

I could never bring myself to try it due to how terrible the new models are. Like Alyx in the sting bikini and shit. Jesus Christ.

The configuration interface allows you to select what you want to turn on/off. You can use the original character models if you like.

The configuration interface allows you to select what you want to turn on/off. You can use the original character models if you like.

Yeah, I knew that too. But it'd be weird seeing this model from 2005 in a modern engine. Part of me has just been hoping whatever fucking weirdo made this mod would just stop being the stereotypical pervy game enthusiast and make a goddamn model that doesn't look like a steetwhore.

Ok I've completed the game again on easy mode now I'm going back through the achievements, which I didn't bother with when I originally played the game shortly after it came out.Found the sad Vortigon in his cave, now I shall set about going through Ravenholme using only the gravity gun, which should be a bit harder lol.

I'm on easy difficulty because I'm just playing it on my laptop with a small screen and no mouse.

That hi def mod looks awesome.

As for the 22 years between Terminator films obviously I meant 12. Or maybe it was 22 in my timeline.

I got near to the last level but lost interest. Never finished. That was back in 2005. I actually liked the first HL a lot more.

The last time I played it like 3-4 years ago I was amazed at how well it holds up.

They still haven't made a sequel to T2 yet.

...I haven't played HL 1 or 2 since they first came out, same with the episodes.. I really should go through them again. I think I forget just how good they are.

I have a digital copy of the Orange Box for 360 it's backwards compatible for the XB1 now too as I saw it on my ready to install list. I never played half life 2 though just Portal. I was thinking of playing the story on Half Life, but would the console version of this still hold up?

Play HL2 on console if that's what you have. It's fine.

PC is better, but it's not like the console versions are bad or less fun.

Cinematic mod ruins the atmosphere. Just use Half-Life 2 Update instead. CM makes Alyx look like this:

Cinematic-Mod-11-image-3839.jpg

I could never bring myself to try it due to how terrible the new models are. Like Alyx in the sting bikini and shit. Jesus Christ.
Cinematic mod ruins the atmosphere. Just use Half-Life 2 Update instead. CM makes Alyx look like this:
haha WTF!?!

dpygjq.gif
0mw1I8e.gif

I still remember puking my guts out due to motion sickness playing the boat level when the game first dropped in 2004. Ah, those were the days.

I remember thinking I must have had food poisoning or some shit. It wasn't until a few months later valve acknowledged the problem and provided a work around by telling people how adjust the refresh rates on their monitors. Then I thought back and realized that's what happened to me.

lol

Agreed, I should probably finally play the two episodes though, still haven't played em.

They are very good, definitely do so.

/

Got almost all the achievements now but I have still missed several secrets and have not killed all the snipers in City 17 plus a couple of others. Oh yeah that f*cking don't touch the sand once on the beach one that is tricky. Otherwise at least on easy mode if you just play the game on Sonic the Hedgehog mode and speed through it works quite well. On hard mode like I used to play it though you have to take the combat seriously and use cover etc.

I think that's a much better fit for Alex, I didn't think the embedded race mixing / genius black physicist / female light infantry memes were necessary either.

I remember playing it, but if I remember correctly, I found it OK. Was very short and I also remember Episode 1, which took like an hour to complete and then I just got put off.. I'll have to revisit...

What I do remember around that time however, was F.E.A.R and I was totally immersed in that game, it was fucking amazing but again, very short and F.E.A.R was much of the same, but F.E.A.R 3.....fuckery...

I remember playing it, but if I remember correctly, I found it OK. Was very short and I also remember Episode 1, which took like an hour to complete and then I just got put off.. I'll have to revisit...

What I do remember around that time however, was F.E.A.R and I was totally immersed in that game, it was fucking amazing but again, very short and F.E.A.R was much of the same, but F.E.A.R 3.....fuckery...
I had so much fun doing the melee kills over and over. It had the most satisfying melee attacks.

I don't understand how you can end such a great series with a cliffhanger like that.

Every now and then I'll check for a new HL and I'll be disappointed. Been happening for years now.

HL2 was so much fun I have gone back and acquired the whole series and just finished playing HL1. Which was also an excellent game although I didn't like the final bizzaro world levels that was stressful.

Back